}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Jig Swap #23 {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

Jay Wirth

Got a package from Chill49 today. Very nice jigs - look like 1/4. All will be impressed with the pattern, I think the paint color is awesome. Thanks for the extras

Jay Wirth

Heads Up Deadline is this weekend. Ill pm all with my address. Ive got a few in so far - the bar is pretty high....

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Mine will be going out Friday afternoon on my lunch break. Finished them up this evening. Made a couple extra that will be going with me (if the weather holds) out on L.Erie this weekend for a trip on my Dad's boat. Going to be mainly a yellow perch jerkin' trip...... but still a lot of talk of the 'eyes hanging around the islands yet with the cool weather we've had. Might use one as my drop shot weight with the minnow hooks up above! Never know. :) Fight with a big 'ol sheephead/drum on the end might make me smile almost as much as a walleye. My 9 year old son will be making his 1st trip out on the 'big lake' with solely fishing in mind........ i hope we find anything to pull on the line. :p

Jay Wirth

We use a perch rig with a 1/8 football calf tail and a 1/16 football calf tail dropper on Oneida Lake. Its always exciting when the bite in on pulling in doubles. Love the fat perch! I caught a blue perch in Whitney Point Res a few years ago (never on Oneida) - should have had that one mounted, I didn't know I caught a 1/1000 genetic goof.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Walleye jigs went out today..... expected delivery on Monday the 4th!

I have tried many many times using jigs and teaser flies out on Erie and always get stomped in numbers if i'm not using some kind of bait. I will catch some perch with them (and usually they are bigger fish) but just not enough for me to stick with it. Usually use minnow imitating jigs in realistic colors with marabou or rabbit tails. Emerald shiners are the main food source unless there are hex/mayfly hatches going on. Not sure if i have ever tried kip tail from his boat..... hmmmmm. Just may give it a shot. Weather is sounding good as of now - North winds with 2' or less waves - hopefully it holds.

Have heard of blue walleye/blue pike (now extinct in the Great Lakes) which is actually a slightly different sub-species of walleye as well as some bluish colored walleye caught from time to time, but never heard of a blue perch! Must be like the blue lobsters you see caught every once in a while. That would have been a very cool mount!

Jay Wirth

Got a package in the mail today from Stumphunter. Nice colors, ones sure to produce! Thanks for the extras.

Jay Wirth

Received Atticas Jigs - very nice. Every swap mentions the quality of each entry, I cannot stress how well each package has been. Im sure everyone will be happy with the quality. Thanks for the extras.

We are still waiting on 3 but I expect to have them during the week.

Jay

redman

To all the swappers #23 Mine went out today. Sorry for the delay the garden has gotten in the way and had to take care of the produce. You will be receiving a 1/4 oz. Cap's Rock-a-Roo head with a Jim Stone Pattern. This represents the rainbow minnow that are in the lakes of the upper Midwest from Ohio to Nebraska and the Dakota's. This was one of my number 1 producers for big walleyes. I have caught Northern Pike and Small Mouth bass on it. I tied it on a 1/16 oz. heads and fished it for the big jumbo perch. Hope that all of you will enjoy this jig and pattern.

The hooks that were used were 4x long shanks that were hand bent to fit the mold. These hooks are forged flat for better holding power. Old school for sure I believe that this hook was a 9272 mustad. The supply that I had were all make in Norway. These will be the last of the last. All the rest I will use myself. There are three hundred hooks left and that I am hoping will last me the rest of my life.

Glad to have had the chance to share these jigs with you.

Redman

Bucko

I will also be shipping mine this week also. These 75-80 hour weeks are killing me. 5 weeks in a row now... honestly slipped my mind as my brain is cashed out.

Jay Wirth

Redman's came today in another very good pattern. Nice head style also something I'm looking forward to trying out.

I'm hoping to see the last two by Saturday. Ill start packaging everything up and shipping them out ASAP - after some photos of course :)

Bucko said:
I will also be shipping mine this week also. These 75-80 hour weeks are killing me. 5 weeks in a row now... honestly slipped my mind as my brain is cashed out.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to seeing these as well. Cooler weather will be here soon enough and those 'eyes will be back in casting distance of shore more and more as the cooler weather shows up.

Jay Wirth

Just a quick note on the swap. There are two still out and I have had contact with only one. I don't want to hold out too long so Ill ship what we have on Saturday. Overall the quality and skill from all received is very impressive. I also have found in my inventory jigs tied by one of the greatest jig tyers here in the North East. These jigs are circa 1980 and look like they were tied yesterday (and perfect for our swap theme).

Back