Swap #32 Sign up!!! "Closed"

QPassage

I was going to wait till the 1st but I'm going to be very busy next week so let's get the ball rolling now. Please read the rules of the swaps prior to joining if you don't know how it works. They are here and how your jigs should be packaged and sent info are here
Swap #32 is a bunny zonker tie. Anything up to 1/4 oz. It can have anything else in it but somewhere along the line it needs to include a bunny zonker.
Swap sign up starts now, sign ups close Aug 18th with jigs to be to me by the Aug 25th. Which will give me that weekend to get them ready and back to you guys/gals for the Labor Day weekend bite, just in case you might be fishing that weekend. I'm certainly hoping I will be.
I would like to limit this to one tie, but if there are not that many who sign up I'll run a vote on it after the swap closes and the majority vote will determine if it is one tie or two ties per person. Ten plus members and it will only be one tie. Please Note!!! Jig Craft is listed in the number one slot. We will be tying an extra set for the site. The sight will not be partaking in the tying part, although will be receiving a full set of jigs from the swap. Personally, I think this should be the rule for all the swaps in the future. "Just my 2 cents worth." Any and all members are welcome to join in, this is a great way for beginners to get some hands on talent in there possession to learn more about tying. This is in my opinion a great way to give a little back to Jig Craft. Who knows some lucky soul might end up with a nice set of jigs along the way. Not my call, but ya never know. I enjoy this place and have always felt very welcomed here. I'm sure there are others that feel the same. So this is your chance to give a little back to Jig Craft and jump in on what I think will be a very interesting swap.
Thank you Bo

1. JigCraft
2. QPassage
3. hookup Received
4. Kdog Received
5. Attica Fish Received
6. Jason O Received
7. Chill49 Received

hookup

I'm in.

But since I'll be doing allot of travel, you may not get all jigs the same colors.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Probably 75% of the jigs i fish are zonkers...... i am up for it! Please add me to the list.

hookup

As with all ties, I learn things.

Since I'm traveling some, I took the easy way & painted jigs with Testors model paint. Then realized that after curing, the acetone in Harder than nails makes the paint liquid again. Left it over night and the mixture cured nicely.

Will tie a traditional minnow pattern from zonker & cross cut when I get time.

ACAMS

Wife is pissssed because I tie too much, so I have to sit out for a while.

BUT, you know how women are ..... wonder what is next?

HairyMooseKnuckles

ACAMS said:
Wife is pissssed because I tie too much, so I have to sit out for a while.

BUT, you know how women are ..... wonder what is next?

Oh you can fix that. Just pay her so much attention that she goes nuts. Start asking about what she is doing and talking to her nonstop. She'll be glad to get you out of her hair. laughing!!!

hookup

Hope the hand's better Chill ... what better way to get your hand moving again than to sit behind the vice.

QPassage

Looks like it just the six of us. But please remember we are tying an extra for Jig Craft, for a total of 7.
To the group, do you want to tie 2 different jigs or just stick to the 1? Please post majority rules and I'll break the tie should there be one.
Happy Tying

Kdog

I am doing 2 sizes of the same jig, 1 at 1/16 and 1 at 1/8, So, I'll be sending 7 sets.

hookup

I'm doing 2 jigs

Jigs will be in the mail today.

Tight lines.

Kdog

If I'm lucky, will get to PO on Thursday. I know you are a 1 day point so you should have on Friday. Been working 8am - 11 pm every day up to 17 in a row now.

QPassage

Hookup Jigs arrived today.
Sounds good Kdog. Dang I thought I worked all the time. I'd probably be doing the same if the knee would cooperate. Worked 7 today on it and had to come home and prop it up. On a brighter side I did get about 30 swim baits tied tonight.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
My jigs went out Tuesday afternoon as well. 2 sets........ a baitfish rock-a-roo type tie (that i kind of struggled with) and the other is a main stay of my bass fishing. The bass jig took a fair amount of material so hopefully it will catch some fish for someone out there or at least give some inspiration. They flat out work.

Back