Jig Swap #34 closed 12-20-15

Kdog

Jig Swap #34 Signups Open

Swap Time my Friends!

Holidays coming up and first weeks of January- recovery time good for R&R, read as Jig Tying

How a Swap Works
http://www.jigcraft.com/jigcraft/showthread.php?tid=161

Since the last couple swaps were a bit sparse I want to try something a bit different. Want to do 3 jigs per pack as follows:
Yes, you read that correctly, if we have 10 participants you will get 27 jigs.

Same tie in 3 sizes, keep to 1/4 oz or less
ie, 1/32, 1/16, 3/32

OR

Same colors but tied 3 different ways
ie red head, black body, white tail
Black head, Red Body, White tail
White head, Black Body, Red tail

OR
Same size, 3 different jigs.

Theme is late Winter - early Spring

Sign up now thru Dec 15, Lets git it done by Jan 15. If I have all the jigs here by then I will ship them back to you on Jan 16.

So Sign up starts NOW!!!

1. Kdog - done, waiting on others
2. Jay Wirth - received 12/24
3. hookup - Received 1-2-16
4. Pepop - Received 
5. JerryT - received 12/24
6. AtticaFish - Received
7. Stabgnid - Received
8. OutlawElectric - Received
9. SlabbedSilly - Received

Jigs to me by Jan 15 that give you at least 4 weeks to tie yours and get them in the mail. Personally, I will tie mine during the holiday break I usually tie 20-30 jigs for each swap and keep extras for myself so I will have 4-5 weeks.

Jigs back in the mail to you as soon as I receive jigs from all participants.

Happy Holidays!

Signups officially closed 12-20-15 with 9 total participants.  I PM's mailing address to all participants (I hope) still getting BB errors but my sent mail folder shows all were sent.  If you did not get a PM, PM me and I'll resend. Thanks for participating.

Pepop

So, let me get this straight before I get committed! There will be 10 tiers and we will tie 27 jigs each to be in your hands by Spring and the jigs are to be all 1/4oz & all the same color/ material and you're gonna keep all the jigs for 4-5 weeks to field test before mailing them all back to the tiers. That about right?

:Banane09::sauced::rolleyes:

I'm in!!!

Kdog

Pepop,
Not quite,
10 tiers = 27 jigs, you do not get a set back!
1/4 oz or less, jigs do not need to be same size or pattern 1/16, 1/18, 1/4 works for me as does 1/32, 1/32, 1/32. Myself, I am tying the same pattern in 3 sizes 1/16, 1/8, 3/16
Signups thru Dec 15th, jigs to me by jan 15th. Lately though swaps seem to run longer so I made my tying time longer.
Field testing, the way my winters go, I'll be lucky to bounce them off the ice to check PC adhesion.

hookup

I'm doing the same as kdog -

I have a bunch of collared 1/32nd & 1/16 oz jigs poured on lit'l nasties. Since I didn't want to pull out the lee pot & pour again, last night I had my beer googles on & came up with an idea.

I cut off the collars on some 1/32nd and walllah = a 1/64th (estimating that the collar and the head weight about the same) oz jig.

IMGP0980_zpsrnbkvdbh.jpg

hookup

Painted the heads with black chrome powder paint and tied them with a rabbit zonked/rainbow krystal flash as the tail and a body of chenille

IMGP0981_zps9jznm9fg.jpg

Pepop

Kdog said:
Pepop,
Not quite,
1/4 oz or less, jigs do not need to be same size or pattern 1/16, 1/18, 1/4 works for me as does 1/32, 1/32, 1/32. Myself, I am tying the same pattern in 3 sizes 1/16, 1/8, 3/16
Signups thru Dec 15th, jigs to me by jan 15th. Lately though swaps seem to run longer so I made my tying time longer.
Field testing, the way my winters go, I'll be lucky to bounce them off the ice to check PC adhesion.

Kdog, you know I was just attempting humor! I guess it just came across as "THAT GUY JUST CANT READ!" Anyway, sign me up. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Kdog

Pepop said:
Kdog said:
Pepop,
Not quite,

Kdog, you know I was just attempting humor! I guess it just came across as "THAT GUY JUST CANT READ!" Anyway, sign me up. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Pepop,
I have worked 22 of the last 24 days, going on 14 straight right now. I just thought you were having a "Senior Moment" but thanks for the shot at humor!

Hope you had a good thanksgiving, the first couple are always tough.

Jerry T

Haven't posted over here in a long time but would love to participate in the swap?

LoL @ Pepop and Kdog... good stuff.

Hope everyone is safe in this winter weather..

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Beam me up Scotty..... i will give it a go. These complex swaps get me scratching my head sometimes, but maybe that is a good thing? I will reread the rules, and come up with something.

Pepop - I smiled good at your first response. :)

Kdog

Pepop, JerryT and AtticaFish are all signed up. Took me 8 edits with the BB error. ATM I am too tired to remember which end is up and even if I'm getting ready for bed or for work. I have a Lime-A-Rita on my desk so must be getting ready for bed.

Kdog

Friendly Reminder, 2 weeks to go for signups. Holiday season is here so there will be some slow days followed by periods of fast and furious activities that take away from tying time.

Would love to see a big group for this swap. Already looking like a great bunch of tyers so I am anticipating some awesome jigs. (Read as bunch of new ideas)

Back