JIG SWAP #29 >>>> Signups Closed <<<<<<

Nightprowler

A second package showed up yesterday. My wife said I think your lost jigs finally showed up. I asked her to lay them on my tying desk and didn't have a chance to open them until later in the evening. Much to my surprise, it was the Jig Swap Jigs that are Very Impressive.

Totally Unexpected and Ultra COOL.
Thank You JJ

ACAMS

I got mine...... ALL very nice jigs!!!!

Radtexan said:
My buddy's father in law ran across these.

WEIRD ..... I have one almost exactly like that .... looks exactly!!!!

arrowhead.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Package showed up yesterday. Thanks for the stone, very cool. Lakes are slowly warming up so should be getting out very soon!

Nightprowler

The saga continues.
Received another package from the USPS mail recovery center today. Seems they found the original envelope and want to search for the AWOL jigs. I'm going to fill out some paperwork and see how this search and recovery mission goes.
P1010271_zps3edimogz.jpg
P1010272_zps4fyf6xns.jpg

hookup

Well ... mine showed up, opened the package, and excellent work everyone.

Pepop

Radtexan said:
JUNGLEJIM1 said:
The Pipeline canyon jasper is the name for where it was found in Utah. I have a friend there who sends me some of her scraps which I tumble and polish. Sent a few other kinds of rock to mix it up. JigCraft rocks so I thought everyone in the swap should get one. There is so much variety of rock around the world. Just another addiction of mine. Really enjoyed hosting this one. Thanks everyone !!!
Thanks Jim for a well run swap.

I've done a little rock hounding over the years.we don't have many cool finds out here gemology wise, but got a lead last week on some finds just a few miles east of here.

My buddy's father in law ran across these. I'm still twistin arms to get better directions. All he's giving up so far is 4 miles east of point x. I offered to be blindfolded going in.

I echo the thanks for hosting a fun swap! Jim & Roger, I grew up in Amarillo & learned to catch crappie on Lake Merrideth which, when it has more water in it (sad but true) covers a portion of the Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alibates_Flint_Quarries_National_Monument
I didn't know it was against the law when I was 15-16 years old & hiked around scrounging rocks just like those pictured. I wish now I could've been more interested in saving some of my finds like a 5" spear point & many arrow points. Fortunately my older brother saved some and still has them packed away.

Back