Jig Swap #31 SIGNUPS --------CLOSED---------

ACAMS

The theme this time will be Crawfish jigs!
You can copy little white baby crawfish or full grown big black ones or anything in between!
ANY size jig, any size hook as long as it resembles a crawfish.

Tie one jig each
14 entrants max

Signups begin now and end 7/3/15
At the end of signups I will give my address and jigs should be sent to me by 7/27
that way swap should be over delivered and ready for #32 by 8/1

1-ACAMS
2-Jason O (Received)
3-AtticaFish (Received)
4-hookup (Received)
5-rich mc (Received)
6-HairyMooseKnuckles (Received)
7-JUNGLEJIM1 (Received)

HairyMooseKnuckles

I've been waiting to join one of these swaps, I now have jugs to Ty, but I don't have a clue on how to Ty a crawfish. Let me research and I'll let you know

hookup

Knuckles - a craw will typically have a tail with two 'legs' of something - rabbit, feather,etc.

I've typically tied them w/ zonked strips on football heads.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I am up for it, please sign me up...... but i would much rather just do 1 set of jigs. I am happy with doing 8 or 10 jigs rather than 20.

ACAMS

AtticaFish said:
i would much rather just do 1 set of jigs. I am happy with doing 8 or 10 jigs rather than 20.

Me too, I have trouble getting them all done in the swaps that have more than 12 - 14 jigs to tie!

hookup said:
Knuckles - a craw will typically have a tail with two 'legs' of something - rabbit, feather,etc.

I've typically tied them w/ zonked strips on football heads.

Actually, some tie craw jigs by just color .... usually a red orange mature crawfish color, we are not gonna complain!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
ACAMS - I have the same problem once it gets past a dozen or so and also have to deal with materials running short then as well. I'd rather the swaps have a LIMIT of a dozen tiers instead of them getting so big. People might be willing to jump in quicker so they don't miss out. It is your swap..... you make the rules or change the rules! ;)

ACAMS said:
Me too, I have trouble getting them all done in the swaps that have more than 12 - 14 jigs to tie!

hookup

ACAMS said:
Actually, some tie craw jigs by just color .... usually a red orange mature crawfish color, we are not gonna complain!

In that case, I'll jump in. I have a ton of craw colored haer laying around someplace. If I have enough zonker strips, I'll tie two tails, but if not, I'll tie an amputee jig. :dodgy:

ACAMS

Since I tie mostly crappie jigs I will be trying to copy the small baby crawfish and have cheated ..... I ordered special stuff months ago, now I just hope what I had in mind looks good on a hook!

babycraw001.jpg

rich mc

add me in please. ive done plenty of fly swaps but never a jig swap I tie a awesome craw on a jig head rich mc

hookup

Things I've learned on this swap ....

Out of craw colored zonkers, so stopped at Orvis on the way home last night. Got what I needed, but had to rob a bank to pay for them. Haven't been to an Orvis in years and I was in sticker shock.

Found the directions on the home page, so tried that. Mono eyes came out nice, but used to heavy of salt water test, so after trying to tie one in for 10 min, said f it, you guys are getting blind crawfish.

Didn't have enough of the right color chenille, so used crosscut hare instead. I'm use to tying zonked & crosscut hare jigs, so that worked out out. Body's a little fuller, but I'll just believe that you'll catch bigger fish then ;-)

There's allot going on on the shank of that hook when tying a crawfish - with the antennas, crosscut and bling silicon hair around the collar/eye.

Equal parts of brown & red powder paint make an easy rust/craw fish color

Good swap - learning some new stuff

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
May have to push all the dates back a little on this one. With the last swap jigs not back yet..... people may be waiting for those to wrap up before starting another. If it stays a small swap, then i guess we can get fancy with our ties. :D

ACAMS

AtticaFish said:
May have to push all the dates back a little on this one. With the last swap jigs not back yet..... people may be waiting for those to wrap up before starting another. If it stays a small swap, then i guess we can get fancy with our ties. :D

I was thinking the same thing ..... will adjust the dates!

dbeam

I just got my package back from the #30 swap man they all look great.
I am going to pass on this one though, I am more than a little intimidated with Craw patterns, and between the summertime to-do list, the summertime to-play list, and work I am pushed for time to do anything extra.

Hopefully on #32

Darrell

Kdog

Coming down to the wire. Sorry but I cannot participate in this one. Looking forward to the pics

HairyMooseKnuckles

Kdog said:
Coming down to the wire. Sorry but I cannot participate in this one. Looking forward to the pics

Can't show a picture right now, the one I tied last night was a disaster. Had an idea, liked good in my head, oh my my, did it look bad.

Back