Jig Swap #33 - Signups Closed.

Jay Wirth

Kdogs jigs arrived - Very Nice! the Black / Yellow feather will be killer on our local crappie; Ill give'em a try at Whitney Point Reservoir. Thanks for the extras.

Kdog

Jay Wirth said:
Kdogs jigs arrived - Very Nice! the Black / Yellow feather will be killer on our local crappie; Ill give'em a try at Whitney Point Reservoir. Thanks for the extras.
Glad you liked them and more importantly, glad they finished the trip. USPS wording can be scary to those outside of their system.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Jay - Jigs went out today, they might be a day (or 2) late actually making it to your door. Sorry. Threw in some ...pretty pretty... flash material for you. The holographic color is one of my absolute favorites and used it in one of the jig styles, but you will find rainbow colored daisy everywhere in your house from here on out. Trust me. :D A bright pattern for walleye and a drab one for smallies. Did 8 of each style so go ahead and keep the extra jigs. :jig:

Jay Wirth

Sounds good. Having a smaller number of people may have worked out really well; we have some awesome ties coming your way. Im sure everyone will be impressed. Pictures will be posted so anyone who missed out can be envious ;-)

ACAMS

Mine are on the way ..... sorry I was late!

How in the world are you guys getting your gold so shiny?

I bought some Pro-Tec gold paint so I could have some pretty gold jigs like you guys have.

My fluid bed looked good and bubbled nice, but the paint went on way too thick and dull, so I thinned it with about 75/25 clear.

It did better, but still not shiny .... what do I need to try next?

Also, I tied the biggest jig I had, since the rules said 1/8 or larger and tried to target Smallies ........ which we don't have a whole lot of around here.

The yearling large mouth like the jigs I tied, hope the smallies do too!

Anyway, back to the dull gold paint .... here is my jigs, and they didn't turn shiny no matter what I tried!

00029.jpg

Back