JIG SWAP #29 >>>> Signups Closed <<<<<<

Pepop

Kdog said:
Given that JungleJim is setting the bar at 2 jigs, I fully plan on doing 2 jigs as well. Having said that, I just finished a 2 jig per participant on another forum and not as many participants but....... Several packaged 1 jig per bag and sent 2 bags, the others either did 2 jigs in one bag or 2 individually bagged jigs bagged in a third larger bag.

It was a bit confusing and I sort the jigs into solo cups then take 1 from each cup for each participants envelope I ended up with 18 cups for 11 participants, ran out of room but got them properly sorted and distributed.

Since this is JungleJims first swap, try to make it as easy on him as possible.

Just my opinion but I think that's why the packaging instructions (#2) state to put all your submission's in a larger zipper bag with your name on it (street name & screen name both helps) so the host has something to sort the jigs into.

Kdog

Youth Fisher said:
Do you need 2 jigs per person, or just 2 in general. I'm new to the Jig Swap and want to get in!!!

It is 1 per participant. ie, 16 signed up, you would tie 16 jigs and get 1 back. Some of us will be tying 2 but that is Optional. Everyone will be doing the same so you will get a minimum of 16 jigs in your SASE.

NorCoMike

JungleJim,

I would like to do the swap but this will be my first one. Had a couple questions about the what jigs to tie. Can it be any pattern with red or pink in it? I usually dont tie anything to fancy are simple patterns ok?

Thanks,
Mike

Kdog

Youth Fisher said:
So if I tie 2 per person I would have to tie 32? And I would only get back 2?
No, you would get back 2 of your plus 1-2 from each of the other participants or 17 minimum but since I already know of 2 others that are tying 2 it would be 19 jigs you would get back.

Kdog

NorCoMike said:
JungleJim,

I would like to do the swap but this will be my first one. Had a couple questions about the what jigs to tie. Can it be any pattern with red or pink in it? I usually dont tie anything to fancy are simple patterns ok?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
Any Pattern, preferrably with some pink. These are to have, get some different ties, and above all let you see what others tie, different materials, techniques and range from very simple straight forward jigs to very elaborate ties. All Skill levels are welcomed and encouraged. You tie what you can tie, and all are welcome.

ACAMS

I am sorry, but with this many entries I will only tie one per entrant ..... 36 jigs is way too many for busy, slow people like me to tie. (I already got started and only painted 31 jigs)

Kdog

ACAMS said:
I am sorry, but with this many entries I will only tie one per entrant ..... 36 jigs is way too many for busy, slow people like me to tie. (I already got started and only painted 31 jigs)

ACAMS,
Not a problem. one jig works, but I figure if the host is doing 2 then I will match him. I have'nt started...... well jigs are cast, cleaned and ready for PC, I even have them primed white to enhance whatever color I decide. I made 50 of each so I pray I don't run out. Just gotta be careful on Postage. One is great and is all that is expected.

Kdog

plateboater said:
We going to hit 20 tiers??????????????

I would love to see 20 or more, but we have a really good group thus far so there are gonna be some outstanding jigs. Opening that package is going to be like Christmas morning when I was 7.

We have 7 more days for signup

QPassage

Tough time for a swap don't you guy's know it's pre spawn? :beat-up:
Count me in I think I can find time to tie a few more jigs. 20-25 jigs is nothing compared to the 300 I tied last Sunday. I'm pretty sure I could tie in my sleep now, least that's what I tell the better half when she catches me sleeping in my chair. :D

Kdog

QPassage said:
Tough time for a swap don't you guy's know it's pre spawn? :beat-up:
Count me in I think I can find time to tie a few more jigs. 20-25 jigs is nothing compared to the 300 I tied last Sunday. I'm pretty sure I could tie in my sleep now, least that's what I tell the better half when she catches me sleeping in my chair. :D

Qpassage,,, you are in. May be prespawn but 4-7 inches of ice everywhere, makes it a moot point IMO

Back