Lizard

Pup

This one's 7.5 inches long. Perhaps a smaller one should be tied for smallmouth bass, of maybe 4-5 inches in length. I'm hopeful that its tail floats well. The combination of dumbbell with googly eyes provides similar advantages to fishing a lightweight football jig. This could be fished as a 'bed dragger' for some in largemouth bass circles. I'm being careful here...

t0NQpjI.jpg

Materials:

•     Gamakatsu 02412 Octopus Hook 2/0
  •     UTC Ultra Thread 210 denier - red
  •     7/32" dumbbell eyes - unpainted
  •     Googly eyes - 4 mm diameter
  •     Lion Brand Suede Yarn - olive
  •     Pony beads - olive shades
  •     Craft fur - olive gray
  •     Loctite Super Glue Gel - amazing stuff
  •     Clear nail polish
  •     0.3 mm 7-strand beading wire for guard
  •     Elastic cord - black
  •     Latigo lace

Hawnjigs

KISS
Do you anticipate every new creation working better than previous?

Tail end of Fall trouting was yesterday, and Jon & I got some nice chunks around 18" which is the upper limit only a year after the canal drain. Still using the same JiggerJohn Boolie ties on the same heads from when I first started seriously targeting trout on jigs in 2010, maybe earlier. What is wrong with me?

Pup

Hawnjigs said:
Do you anticipate every new creation working better than previous?  

Tail end of Fall trouting was yesterday,  and Jon & I got some nice chunks around 18" which is the upper limit only a year after the canal drain.  Still using the same JiggerJohn Boolie ties on the same heads from when I first started seriously targeting trout on jigs in 2010, maybe earlier.  What is wrong with me?

Hi Hawn,

Short answer...no.  Of my latest pony bead creations I'd anticipate the simple worm style, perhaps with a craft fur tail, to produce the best.  Most of my ties, though planned for fishing, are the result of my imagination and the pure enjoyment of jig and lure designing.

There's nothing wrong with you. :)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is a cool creature. Bet a LMB would be happy to see that swim by.

As for the imagination, i know how that goes. It is almost like fishing from your desk. I do that often trying to imagine what fish will think of a bait and how they will react. That is half the fun of this hobby.

Back