>>>===> Jig Swap #20 <===<<< **Closed/Shipped**

SlabHappy

I might have to see what I can do to get two of them! Look like fish catchers, and I can tell you already, my 4 yr old is going to want me to cut the hook off and give it to her. She loves pink jigs, can't wait till my wife gets her off "boat ban" so she can be my little jigging partner! Nice ties!

Jig Man

Had two more make the trip today... Man this is just like a continuation of Christmas. Some more beauties, I don't think ya'll are gonna be disappointed, I know I'm not!!!

Kdog and platboaters are here...

SlabHappy

Mine came back, not enough postage. Had 3 stamps, but I guess it is considered a package and requires $2.07. Going out again in the morning. Should get it friday or monday.

Pepop

SlabHappy said:
Mine came back, not enough postage. Had 3 stamps, but I guess it is considered a package and requires $2.07. Going out again in the morning. Should get it friday or monday.

The rates I posted earlier (post #70) came right off the USPS web site "Calculate Postage" page and are for "Large Envelope's" which include all the padded envelope's from the 3"x5" up to the 11"x17". One possibility may be the scale. I know I got a package back once for being 1 stamp shy. I remembered the weight that was displayed kinda flickered between 2 decimal places & I picked the lesser of the 2. WRONG CHOICE!

QPassage

Take it from someone who has had issues dealing with the idiots, it's free rein charge whatever they please. I have a package that ships for .66. Depending on which PO I go to it has cost up to 2.07 with cost of .97, 1.12 hitting in between, none of which have come back. When you take into account who control's the $$$ for the USPS, it's not hard to figure out. Once it's broken, heck don't fix it just keep taking an advantage. There is a complaint dept on there website. ;) There is also one at the bigger city PO's. ;) Both of which, we are on first name bases.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
The way i usually do the shipping is to hand them the envelope with jig box and tell them i would like to pay the return shipping on it... just make sure they use stamps. Never had one come back to me this way yet. Usually, i send a few extra blank heads as gifts so it should make up for any difference if the swap heads end up weighing more than the set of swap jigs sent.

SlabHappy

Pepop said:
SlabHappy said:

The rates I posted earlier (post #70) came right off the USPS web site "Calculate Postage" page and are for "Large Envelope's" which include all the padded envelope's from the 3"x5" up to the 11"x17". One possibility may be the scale. I know I got a package back once for being 1 stamp shy. I remembered the weight that was displayed kinda flickered between 2 decimal places & I picked the lesser of the 2. WRONG CHOICE!

They told me at the post office that "envelope" is only an envelope with paper. Since it is irregular thicknesses, it is considered a package and is $2.07 for up tpo 3 oz.

Kdog

Having had a myriad of issues with the USPS over the years, the best thing is to have a friend in the PO. There are a lot of bargain services available if you know what to ask for and look for, My experience is post office employees do not care one bit about customer service and act like they are doing you a favor by being there. USPS online is very educational and shows many services they have.

I ship a lot in priority mail small flat rate boxes for $5.05. Boxes are free, I just order them, postage I print on my printer and mailman picks up from my mailbox.

Jig Man

Had one in the mail today... Beautiful work QPassage, top shelf. And thank you for the material. Gonna have to try it very soon.

Jig Man

OK, we are half way there, two more made the trip today. Ya'll maybe getting tired of me saying it, but man I am really impressed with what you guys doing. We fo sho have some talented artist that hang around here. Chill49 and Slabhappies jigs are here and thank you both for the gifts, I appreciate them...

papaperch

Mel - Mine went out this morning, I included some of the mini-spoons I make for Ye old swapmeister.. Try these on some of them Texas slabs. Tip with grub piece of worm , head of minnow or even whole minnow.

Some are really light so if you fish deep may have to add split shot on line. If your slabs are like their Ohio cousins you will have a new weapon in your arsenal. Provided that you don't already use them. The flutter pretty good if you use like below.

I like to tie on 4 to 6 lb test leader using a small loop knot. If fish are hugging bottom let spoon hit bottom and lift 8 to 10 inches off bottom. Let fall slowly back to bottom. They normally take it on the fall. When you go to lift you will feel extra weight on rod. Set the hook.

Jig Man

Hey Papaperch

Thank ya for letting me know you shipped your jigs, I bet they are fish hunters. When I saw your other post, I was wishin I had some of those spoons. Guarantee they will work here. Bet a big ole blue gill would hit em too. Thanks a bunch, I appreciate it...

papaperch

Andy : MR Ducks sho look purty. I think me Berlin lake/ Milton lake crappies gonna be on them like well a duck on a junebug.

Jig Man

Andy's flew in here yesterday... Nice jigs sir and thank you for the feaders. Cold weather in a couple days might mean a little time behind the vise for me! If ya'll haven't noticed already, I have been updating the sign-up list with who's jigs I have received and who's are on the way. My bride and I will sort em and send em back as soon as they are ALL here. Also, FYI looks like postage is taking a nice little BUMP Sunday....

Back