Casting Spoon

Bucho

At first I wasn`t planning on making a spoon for lang casts in shallow water as is popular here in the baltic sea. There are dozens of time-tested patterns. Then again, the fear of bumping into customers while using a store bought ones in very cold water was somewhat annoying. I was looking over my shoulder more often than a poacher.  :dodgy:

Rather than knocking off my favorite danish "Snurrebassen" inline spoon (the pink one) I decided to take the silhouette of the "plane Jane" kind of Do-It´s "casting Spoon" mold and shift its center of gravity to the broad side for stable long casts into the wind and good spin-stop-rotaion.

Its still a bit rough around the edges but it works. Casts like a dart and catches trout. Good thing about starting off using time-tested Do-It-Mold designs as a basis is the rich supply of fitting small parts like inserts and decalls. So a wire loop version will be easy to add up. 

26677886vy.jpg

26677887ow.jpg

26677889yi.jpg

Bucho

Thanks! I cast and paint them on rather thick 1.5mm wire which I then pull and replace with Eumer (fly) plastic tubes size xs. Leave 1-2mm sticking out then burn the edges a little so they bulb up and stay in place.

Back