Inline plug/stickbait

Bucho

Hi,

cold water asks for a slow action plastic/resin plug rather than a tin so I finally went into resin casting. I got this new pearl foil from WTP which is a blast. Another lure crafter got himself some ThinLam shell veneer which cost him an arm and a leg but looked terrific and resembled to those shell spoons the guys in bavaria troll for browns but thats another story... Someday soon I´ll get my hands on that stuff and then I better have some practice, hence the pouring.

I´m not into airbrushing so I looked for an easy and durable way to get some apealing look. Finally went with half a drop of motoroil plastic dye and a good deal of mainly copper glitter. The glitter falls out, and since the mold is usd, comes to rest forming a solid back which makes for a sharply defined silhouette. I poured a little apex with the leftovers which neatly shows the effect. Its quick work but the resin needs 12h to fully cure so this is a weeks progress, starting with the original:  

28211180ic.jpg

Just fix lead and foam on the wire and wrap it with a fitting sheet of foil. 

28211178ac.jpg

This is how the glitter falls.

28211183ol.jpg

Like pike, trout have an open swim bladder and rise high for a good meal - if they can see it aginst the light. 

28211181ly.jpg

Very little motoroil dye is needed to provide a propper uv blast!

28211182yi.jpg

Weight forward doesn´t cast too well but makes for neat walk the dog action. I was surprised the rattle sinks, messed up 1 prototype when I thought I could leave out the foam.

28211179zt.jpg

Back