Vibrating fluid bed

Arne

Having trouble with some of the colors not working quite right out of the fluid bed. Have red about using a vibrating fluid bed to help such problems. Have a cheap workmate bench knockoff. Used the factory pegs that came with it to hold the fluid bed cups. Dug out my vibrating palm sander, zip tied it to the deck of the workbench. Sure helped the fluid bed, could put more air thru it without the volcanos. Would post pics, but do not know how. Got no kids around to help. LOL. Anyway at the cost of a couple of zip ties and using what was around the garage made a decent vibrator. Arne.

toadfrog

Did that once myself. Long long time ago . Any extra vibration helps . I even took the motor out of a massager and added an empty cup to the bottom of of the fluid bed and let it bounce around in there. Either way the noise made me bonkers.

Arne

Yep a bit noisey. But doesn't take too long to dip the lures, can stand it for that. Think about it, there are probably ways that dont make much noise. Just trying on the cheap, using stuff around the shop. Arne.

toadfrog

Like I always say make do until you do better. Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box. Anything that works even a little is success.

Arne

@ toadfrog have read thru a lot of the old posts.. Enjoyed a lot of yours that gave ideas for helping out with our hobby. Thanks for all those. Arne.

Arne

Going to pass thru your great state next week. Will shout out at you on the way by. Going to Texas hog hunting. Worst part of the whole deal is the 10 hour ride. Arne.

hookup

Nice Arne. I did javelina hunting once in AZ. Great tasting pig!

toadfrog

Going to pass thru your great state next week. Will shout out at you on the way by. Going to Texas hog hunting. Worst part of the whole deal is the 10 hour ride. Arne.
If by chance you hit a little town called Big Cabin it's pretty close to me. I live in the sticks but the good thing is nearly every town around is only 15 minutes away.

Arne

Bunch of us going together. Will be flying by on the interstate. Only stops are fuel and pee. But if we get close will wave. Arne.

toadfrog

Hope you get a few hogs. Every great once in a while I get a shot at one off my front porch. Usually one that has wondered down out of the hills heading for somebodies grain field. Not nearly as many here as Texas.

Arne

Cool. This is just a party trip. High fence, crossbows. Wild hogs,tho. they trap them and bring them in. Anyway, getting ready for guiding this summer. Once that starts not much for time off. Kind of a dream job. Out on the lake for 5 hrs, get to fish, use somebody elses boat gas and meet lots of nice people. Not many bad ones, they have pretty well been screened out in past years. Most of them are repeats so the boss keeps the good ones and doesn't have an opening for the bad ones. That way everybody gets along. I am going to be part time for when they have enough for 3 boats. Probably about a third of the time this summer. We will see how it goes. Have done it for a few days before but not a lot of it. Nothing to it, all we have to do is find fish every day. LOL. Would like togo on a real wild hog hunt sometime, maybe next winter. Get yourself out and catch some fish. They ought to be going strong down there. Yours happen a bit earlier than up here. Water still cold, but havn't checked on it since I have had eye problems. Will start getting out after we get back next week. Take care and tight lines. Jim.

QPassage

Having trouble with some of the colors not working quite right out of the fluid bed. Have red about using a vibrating fluid bed to help such problems. Have a cheap workmate bench knockoff. Used the factory pegs that came with it to hold the fluid bed cups. Dug out my vibrating palm sander, zip tied it to the deck of the workbench. Sure helped the fluid bed, could put more air thru it without the volcanos. Would post pics, but do not know how. Got no kids around to help. LOL. Anyway at the cost of a couple of zip ties and using what was around the garage made a decent vibrator. Arne.
I'll say this on powder paints. Non are the same and one of the most popular brands "in my opinion" is the worst. I started buying my paint in pound quantities from Columbia about 5 years ago and I've never looked back. There Neon and metallic paints are the best. IF, you are using Protec I recommend buying some clear and cut it 2 parts protect 1 part clear. It will work much better.

Arne

Going to have to try that. couple of the powders work great, some not so much. Will blend with clear and see what happens. Probably won't happen til fall now, to bush fishing. Arne.

Back