Salt

hookup

Due to the pandemic I have allot of friends that no longer fish.  Smallies have been in decline in the area's I fish. Not sure why?  

So I decided to make lemonade out of lemons and hit the brackish waters

One buddy fishes white perch tourneys and needed a partner.  So broke out my UL rods & reels and had allot of fun chasing white perch.  PB for 2020

View attachment 9

Then at the end of the year the perch moved on, so started chasing pickerel

and

View attachment 1

Best form of social distancing I know

Hope all are safe, well and healthy

Attachments

• jc_1.jpg
    jc_1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 0
  • jc_2.jpg
    jc_2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 0
  • jc_3.jpg
    jc_3.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 0

duffy

Looks like fun! Are those white perch as tasty as yellow perch? Our stupid Gov here closed down all the fishing when this crap hit. Couldn't figure the reasoning until I heard that there were a bunch of idiots on the coast standing shoulder to shoulder on the piers fishing. Like you, my thinking was if I'm out in my boat away from everyone isn't that far enough? Most guys around here just ignored the bs and when fishing at the small lakes anyway. Glad you got out.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Fun indeed on the right coast ! Fishing sure ain't slowed down here - I need to hike 3 miles to escape the poached out easier access areas and actually catch a few trout. "poached" because the landowners say I'm the only one granted permission to fish their riverfront property.

Smallies are considered good eating out here - maybe harvest pressure has become a factor in HU country ?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I did a lot of that same social distancing through last summer. I had quite a bit of time off and will be missing that this summer. we have both white perch and white bass in Lake Erie and i can hardly tell the difference. Awesome colors on the pickerel.

hookup

I normally fish white perch with a UL and 4# mono. What's really cool is the bonus fish you hook up when targeting the perch

Here's a lizard fish I got - first ever

1dZpPnr.jpg

And red fish

Cak43bb.jpg

Back