Administrator
Staff member
BB Green Glitz
2 - Baby Bass Green (ProTech)
1 - Pearl (ProTech)
10 - Clear (Orbit)
5 - Clear/Gold Holo. Glitter (ProTech)
5 - Clear/Chart. Glitter (ProTech)
4 - Green Craft Glitter (Horizon Basic Elements XtraFine)

100_6166_e.jpg

This color has an overall ratio of 3:20 (color:clear) so whatever color is under as a base coat shows through. Looks best on bright/shiny alloy jigs (or plated) or tapped on top of a pearl or other bright colored base. The green craft glitter i used is from Wal-Mart and a darkish hue, so there are 3 seperate colors of glitter in this mix.

Fatman

SWINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! Nice Mix!!!!!!!! Are the ratio's teaspoon, tablespoon??? And the biggest one, is the Baby Bass the new mix or the old one???

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Depends how much you want to make.... just use the same size for all the parts. I use a 1/4th teaspoon for testing to get the color how i want it.
Fatman said:
teaspoon, tablespoon???

It uses the Baby Bass that is the solid green color that has no glitter. Looks like a simple grass green.
Fatman said:
...is the Baby Bass the new mix or the old one???

Pepop

AtticaFish said:
Depends how much you want to make.... just use the same size for all the parts. I use a 1/4th teaspoon for testing to get the color how i want it.
Fatman said:
teaspoon, tablespoon???

It uses the Baby Bass that is the solid green color that has no glitter. Looks like a simple grass green.
Fatman said:
...is the Baby Bass the new mix or the old one???

AtticaFish, that painted tab taped to your container top, what is that? That's a GREAT idea!:icon14::icon14:

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
The tab is a piece of scrap aluminium sheet metal - get all the scraps i want from work. I've seen others use metal washers for color blanks.

Fatman

Okay don't have the ProTec clear/glitter pre-mix, think I can get away with an extra 2 teaspoons of clear and just add the glitter???

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Use the same amount of clear i have listed that is pre-mixed and then add your glitter..... glitter color might be different but the candy effect should be the same.

Fatman said:
Okay don't have the ProTec clear/glitter pre-mix, think I can get away with an extra 2 teaspoons of clear and just add the glitter???

Fatman

Ok because I don't have the pre-mixed stuff I don't know how much glitter is in 1 1/4 teaspoons of it. Trying to figure it out this is what I came up with based on your using 1/4th teaspoon

½ teaspoon Baby Bass
¼ teaspoon Pearl
2 ½ teaspoon Clear
1 ¼ teaspoon Gold Holographic glitter (? 3/4 teaspoon of clear and 3/4 teaspoon of glitter)
1 ¼ teaspoon chart glitter (? 3/4 teaspoon of clear and 3/4 teaspoon of glitter)
1 teaspoon green craft glitter

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
To keep it simple, i do not add it up as if 4 parts equals a teaspoon..... 4 parts just equals 4 parts of whatever size measure you are using. Easier to keep straight in my poorly organized mind anyway. You could always use an 1/8th teaspoon as your 'part' measure so you have less to start with and make sure you have it right - if you like it, just go back and make more.

For the clear/glitter mixes, just use the entire amount of clear then add the amount of glitter you want. No clue how much actual glitter is used in Protech's pre-mixed stuff, but would guess it is no where near half'n'half.

Lost Pole

Nothing spectacular, but organized many paint jars and thought I'd try to make a simple recipe.

This is exact, so if you like the color/ simple fx. This is recorded to the 12 pck proficiency level.

A subtle glitzy green chartreuse

View attachment 5

- 1 1/2 tsp pro tec green chrt
- 3 1/2 tsp clear
- 1 tsp Pearl Ex Macro Pearl

Will give you approximately .8 oz

View attachment 6

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362708532.539373.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362708532.539373.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 326
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362708771.590225.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362708771.590225.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 323

Pepop

Columbia Coating's Metalic Gold heavy with Black Metallic glitter
IMAG0591_zps9c58f58f.jpg
kinda looks like a Gold Vein with texture.

Back