Paint recipe book

cadman

Thanks fo the info Rad.
One last questions how much glitter of each color do you put in your complete formula?

cadman

Thanks Again Rad, I will let you know in a couple of weeks on the outcome. Currently I have about 30 orders to pour and don't have time to experiment. But you have me on the right track and I will post my rersults.

StumpHunter

This is the Olive I mixed. Not much to mixing it but it has a great color.

1 Part - Harbor Freight, Matte Black
2 Part - Harbor Freight, Yellow

Attachments

• mis pics of 2012 026.jpg
    mis pics of 2012 026.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 465

Shoemoo

Wasn't it two parts yellow to one part black to get that shade of olive? I think we lost the correction in the rollback.

FuzzyGrub

Shoemoo said:
Wasn't it two parts yellow to one part black to get that shade of olive? I think we lost the correction in the rollback.

From the mixing I did with HF yellow and black, I would agree. With equal parts I got a dark green pumpkin. With 2 yellow and 1 black, more like watermellon. With 3 yellow and 1 black, I had something similiar to the pic. It could be the pic, but looks like a clearcoat might have been added.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
......also lost my Floro. Orange i made up........

View attachment 3

Chartruese:pink:Clear - mixed 1:1:1
Using Janns Netcraft paint which i believe is the same as Pro-Tech.

Make a super bright orange color. :cool:

Don't really think the clear is needed in this but have been using pretty small (1/8 tsp) units to mix and a little clear helps make a bigger mix. Adding more clear might let the lead color show through and change the overall color. ;)

Attachments

• 100_4486_e.jpg
    100_4486_e.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 454

Pup

AF, I really like your super-bright orange. :cool:

Is your chartreuse a yellow chartreuse or a green one? That's a distinction I find when I use Pro-Tec chartreuse powder.

BTW, I add clear now to everything I mix. Like oatmeal to ground beef, it makes a great filler. :D ;)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Pup said:
Is your chartreuse a yellow chartreuse or a green one? That's a distinction I find when I use Pro-Tec chartreuse powder.

It is the regular (yellow) chartruese by my Jann's order sheet. I was thinking in my head that yellow mixed with red would make orange so...... Yellow Chart. mixed with Pink sould make a bright(er) orange. Success. Matches the orange bucktail i have near perfect but might be even brighter color than Darice craft fur orange! Careful with the cure - higher temp or longer cure seems to affect my Pink color and make it darker. Does the same with my orange mix. ;)

Pup said:
BTW, I add clear now to everything I mix. Like oatmeal to ground beef, it makes a great filler. :D ;)

YES - FILLER is the exact word i was searching for there!!! Makes a little go a little further.

ScottV

I've never been into mixing powder paint but these are some great colors guys. I may have to broaden my horizons even more. Lol

Pup

AtticaFish said:
It is the regular (yellow) chartruese by my Jann's order sheet. I was thinking in my head that yellow mixed with red would make orange so...... Yellow Chart. mixed with Pink sould make a bright(er) orange. Success. Matches the orange bucktail i have near perfect but might be even brighter color than Darice craft fur orange! Careful with the cure - higher temp or longer cure seems to affect my Pink color and make it darker. Does the same with my orange mix. ;)

Tried AF's recipe for super-bright orange this evening. Wish I had a better photo (less direct foreground lighting). The mix is close to the color of the orange Darice Craft Fur in each of the following jigs.

orange008.jpg

It's a good recipe for painting orange jig heads. :cool:

LedHed

Sponsor
Scott - when powder paint first came out, for use with jigs, you had to mix colors to get what you really wanted. It was pretty limited. Now days you can get a lot of different paints & additives. Still is fun to create your own custom color.

Nice mix Pup.

CrappieHappy

57d33a87.jpg

Added a pic of a roundhead i just painted to show the color a little better
d3e0c5aa.jpg

Rust (browninsh color)

5 parts HF Red
Gold Glitter
4 parts HF Black

Lost Pole

Moving again n cldnt pack this up without experiment. This'n is a close match to Heaths'. Kinda.
Only reason i didn't just throw it in a container is bc of his post of his mix.
Dunno any ratios bc it was a bunk'd mix that clumped from way earlier that resembled his base coloring. Just added bunches of clear n red n gold glitter and its on. Plan on making some craw colors with it.

a6937230-1f68-8616.jpg

Back