Number 3 JC swap

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Nice jig Ronnie. The white rabbit underbelly reminded me of the beards of ZZ TOP. Every girl's crazy bout a sharp dressed jig. Hope momma crappie feels that way.

Haha! Funny stuff. Well that "beard" ticked me off several times! I start out tyin the rabbit strip on the shank so it had around an inch long tail. Then I would pull the rest of the rabbit back and secure it in the material clip. Tie in the daffy (duck). Tie in the hackle for the collar and then wrap the chenille. Well this is when I was SUPPOSE to grab the rabbit from the clip and lay it on the chenille for the belly. There were several times I skipped that step and went straight for the hackle collar and whipped and cut the thread. Then I opened the vise and saw the freaking rabbit strip still in the material clip. @$#@! Then from the other end of the house I hear "Whats wrong???" I dont know if that made any sense but it felt good!

ScottV

Ha Ha I bet Lou was deep in his clothes pin bag while this was going on. The one I get goes on the wall instead of the tackle box! If you do a toe tag to tell your material list it's gonna look like one of the "dead sea scrolls".

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
As always.... i'm slow! :blush: do have them all tied and tagged but wanted to make up a few goodies to throw in the box over the long weekend here. i should have them in the mail on tuesday.

RonDon - All i can say is.... Holy S@!T!!!!! Awsome jig - Wow.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Jigs were sent out today after work. with the way the wind is blowing right now, i think i could have just thrown the box up in the air and it might have made it half the distance there at least.

Thanks for running the swap Papaperch, can't wait to get them all back in hand. LedHed & Crazy Angler - where you guys at? if ya met up somewhere for a fishing party, i'm gona be upset for not being invited!!!!! :p

Oh, and by the way... WOOO HOOO! I'm not the LAST one to send out my jigs this time! :D

papaperch

All in except for two old lonesome polecats. I do believe they are charter members of the WE BE PROCRASTINATORS . Will send out to all after group picture. By the way all I got so far are suitable for framing.

papaperch

All da jigs have either flew or hopped their way here. Soon as class picture is taken will post pix and send jigs back on their merry way home. Outstanding workmanship guys on all these beauties.

papaperch

number2.jpg

number1.jpg

number3.jpg

Swapmeisters Treasure Trove

goodies.jpg

Fantastic job guys and gal. However some of you need to brush up on your counting skills. Everyone should have included 12 jigs. The extra the 12th one is for the jigcraft site. Anyway by shorting myself I was able to insure everyone else got their correct assortment.

The shortages made it tough on me as I kept thinking I was fudging up. Plus I was doing this in between doctor and dentist appointments. So I had to go back to square one till I got everything straight.

Now I do NOT want anyone mailing me an extra jig. All of you were more than generous with the swapmeister goodies. So I know it was just an honest mistake. Just trying to help with future swapmeister sanity.

Jigs will be posted back to their homes tommorow. Thanks to all for the stuff and your participation.

ScottV

Those are some great looking jigs! I hope I sent 12 jigs, I think I did. I also had a pack of jigs for goodies in my box but I don't see them in the pic.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got my jigs!! Excellent ties everyone and can't wait to get some of these wet. I sure hope it wasn't that dumb site admin. who shorted you jigs.... i've heard a rumor that he sux at math! :dodgy: Looks like you got a nice assortment of goodies!! Thanks again for hosting the swap Bill!

LRB

My jigs also arrived today...CK3's jig, definately will be a keepsake !!
They all look mighty fine !!..:)
Scott..your display really looks great !!

Papaperch...Thank You for hosting the swap !!:)

MaryLou~~

moswampy

Got mine today it was Xmas in Sept!!!!

I am torn on what to do with CK's jig, I know it is one to hold on too but I feel he wanted it fished. I can only think that paying respect to him would be to use it and reflect on the man who made the jig, only if it lasts one cast.:bigfish:

LedHed

Sponsor
My package arrived today – thnx to all – the jigs are fantastic!

Special thnx to pappaperch for hosting

John really made this swap special

Back