Number 3 JC swap

JUNGLEJIM1

Here is my entry for the swap.Keep in mind that it's my first time with both bunny and duck and also my first using the duck just in the tail. I do like the color combination.

Attachments

• IMG_3081.JPG
    IMG_3081.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 50

papaperch

ScottV- will let you know after midnight August 15

JJ1- that jig ought to cause more guys to sign up for swap. Don't get sweeter than that.

papaperch

IMG_0056.jpg

These are what I am tying for swap. Promised JJ1 I would post pix as he posted for help on tying bunnies. These are the first 10 and it is a bugger to tie. The Tear Mender glue is a godsend when working with the wabbit.

These particular ones have no tails and just use the hair for action. The skin is folded upon itself and is tied with tapered cuts on each end.

ScottV

Those look great Hays, can't wait to get my hands on one of those. I'll trade you one of these for one of yours. LOL
IMG_5904.jpg

papaperch

Cabelas sells it and a lot of other fly tying supply sites. Only word of caution a little goes a long way. I usually apply with a small bodkin. Use when gluing two strips together or when folding section back into self.

Also handy to repair leather and cloth seats , coats etc etc.. One 6 oz bottle probably last for very long time. Still on my first one and I even spilled it once.

JUNGLEJIM1

Last day to sign up is tommorrow,correct? I bought some tearmender at Feathercraft along with some more bunny. Went to hobby lobby and bought a white rabbit skin for $5.I'll attempt to cut some strips and not butcher it too bad. Looks like bunny is my latest obsession.

papaperch

Yep midnight tommorow. I figured we would have more tyers but I think the rabbit scares them off.

As you will soon find the rabbit will produce and produce second to none. The learning curve is a little longer than feathers but to me its worth it. As far as cutting them myself I won't do that . I have been tempted but I keep vizualizing this hectic ambulance ride to the local emergency room to get stitched up.

In the near future I may attempt dyeing the rabbit myself to try some custom colors.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
One thing i have found with the bunny strips is they can have TOO much action at times, especially for crappie IMO. with even very slight twitches the whole tail will flap around alot. for crappie on bunny jigs i really give no action, essentialy the "do nothing" approach. if i do want to give the tail a little extra movement, i do it by reeling at a set speed then slow it down for half a revolution then speed back up. other option is under a float where i reel half a crank then stop, half crank, stop, and so on. for bass though, there are times to really snap your jig like a jerk-bait or tube... makes a bunny jig go crazy!!! but thats just how i do it. ;)

JJ1 - I'll post how i cut my own full skins in the materials board. my way is slow going but i still have all my digits left. i have gotten both the white and natural gray from a local craft shop. Cheap! :cool:

papaperch

OK - signup is now closed we ended up with 12 tyers. So 12 jig is the amount to be sent to yours trully. 11 for the swap and 1 extra apiece for Jigcraft the website.

Address to mail to is: William E Hays
6369 S. Pricetown Rd
Berlin Center OH 44401

If any of you are new to the swaps I suggest reading the stickies. There are excellent instructions on how to go about everything connected to a jig swap. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me or post here That is questions pertaining to this swap. No questions on how to handle your women. I only know of two ways to deal with women and neither works. So I would be utterly useless on that subject.:rolleyes:

Back