Number 3 JC swap

papaperch

BUGS AND DAFFY SWAP

Ok guys as per the title of this swap.We want jigs no bigger than 1/8 oz. Jigs must have rabbit and / or duck on him somewhere. That will be the only limitations

If you have not used either material before do NOT let that deter you from joining swap. No one is here to show anybody up or out do anyone. We are all learning together. I would like signup to be completed August 15 th at midnight.

For right now let's put a limit of 20 tyers. that of course will be somewhat flexible as per all rules :rolleyes: For right now lets use Sep 10 as when jigs must be in swapmeisters gnarled old fingers.

1. hays 47
2. ScottV recvd jigs
3. hunter7711 recvd jigs
4. CK3 rcvd jigs
5. led hed rcvd jigs
6. Stumphunter recvd jigs
7. LRB rcvd jigs
8. Junglejim1 rcvd jigs
9. Atticafish rcvd jigs believe it or not he were early he were !!
10. Moswampy rcd jigs
11. Rondon rcvd jigs
12.Crazy Angler rcvd jigs

Signups can begin as soon as this is posted and not 1 second before:D

ScottV

Sign me up! Sign me up! That's funny Hays, I just went wild and tyed one with wabbit and mallard flank about 20 minutes before seeing this. I'll do something different for the swap though. LOL
IMG_5901.jpg

CK3

Sign me up Papa, need something to keep my mind occupied.
Due to several health issues with family and myself, I may have to drop
out, but I'll try to get them made up and sent to you before anything further developes.

papaperch

That is correct you can use either or both. For many many years I either tied a buck tail or marabou jig. They were about as basic as you can get. Then I stumbled across these jig swaps. Now what was a chore became a fascination ( wife says addiction ).

There are some outstanding tyers of both the duck fedders and the wabbit fur. I just wanted to see what a collection of these would look like.

Everyone involved in this swap is going to be spurred to new challenges. Every swap I have been involved in has done that to me. Only thing I fear is this collection of swap jigs gonna be too dang pretty to use.

CK3

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Sign me up for this one. I already have an idea using both,unsure of what head to use yet.

You're ahead of me JJ, I've got the heads painted but unsure how to use the fedders and fur!!

papaperch

Don't worry JJJ and CK3 next bad jig I see from either of you will be the first.

While I am at it some of you older masters quit being polite and jump in here on this swap. We want to get the younger fellers that joined in really fired up.

I got a family re-union this week-end but after that look out men and Katie bar the back door. Fishing and tying is all I 'm gonna be doing.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Put me on the list please. :) i have a couple different ideas i might use. one is pretty complicated, so will have to see the final tally of tiers before i decide which direction i go. i have not tied a combination of duck AND rabbit, so will be putting them together on a hook for the first time... should be fun.

ScottV

AtticaFish said:
Put me on the list please. :) i have a couple different ideas i might use. one is pretty complicated, so will have to see the final tally of tiers before i decide which direction i go. i have not tied a combination of duck AND rabbit, so will be putting them together on a hook for the first time... should be fun.

Hey Attica, using the mallard flank between the hook shank and the zonker kinda acts as a guard to keep your zonker from fouling in the hook. Sorta like the tip you gave us about using the bucktail.

Back