==>>>>Jigswap #21 - ***Signups are over***

SlabHappy

Received jigs from Aaron. Help me out, not sure which screen name these are from? Nice jigs, anyway. I like them. I will finish mine this weekend. Beautiful weather here, though, have a soccer game saturday to go through, but plan to try to go sat evening, sunday, and took me a vacation day monday (didn't take wednesday). I need to tie me some more chart ones as well.

Bourbonbilly

SlabHappy said:
Received jigs from Aaron. Help me out, not sure which screen name these are from? Nice jigs, anyway. I like them. I will finish mine this weekend. Beautiful weather here, though, have a soccer game saturday to go through, but plan to try to go sat evening, sunday, and took me a vacation day monday (didn't take wednesday). I need to tie me some more chart ones as well.

Those would be mine. ;)

SlabHappy

Well guys, my jig works! I field tested it today, and caught a few good ones before I lost the only one I brought. Caught this one. Thought it could be the Lake record ( I know a bigger one has been caught, but 2.51 is on the books). Originally weighed 2.6 on my bathroom scales, but weighed it 3 more times, and only coming out at 2.4. Still a good fish.
Jig_zpscd5f37c4.jpg
It's a 1/48 chart and texas toast jig.
3_15_14_zps0435d8ae.jpg

AndyLane

Got Mine Finished Up. Couldn't decide what color to tie so i called and asked a buddy of mine what one of his Go-To Spring Combos was. He Told me that a Junebug/Chartreuse combo did dang good last spring. So Here Ya Go....1/32 Junebug Crystal Chenille and Chartreuse head and Marabou tail. Simple but Effective I'm Sure. I'll try to get them in the mail tomorrow.

View attachment 1

Attachments

• IMG_2855.JPG
    IMG_2855.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 100

Bucko

got mine done today finally. I special ordered some material for these and thought I was going to run out towards the end because they shorted me. but all was fine in the end.

Attachments

• 20140319_203944.jpg
    20140319_203944.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 20140319_204147.jpg
    20140319_204147.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 62

SlabHappy

I really wish I would have weighed this fish. First pic didn't show what a hog she was.

She was almost 16"
IMG160_zps3a0406cc.jpg

Bucko

SlabHappy said:
Bucko said:
damn.... sorry for the piss poor lighting.

I like them! I need to learn how to do that. What is it you use for that type of body? I finished mine up tonight.

it is called bodi stretch from spirit river. I am rely liking this material lately. it's a latex ribbon that you wrap. I build up the body with thread to save on material and to give it shape. I used it on the trout jig swap too. here's a pic of that jig.

Attachments

• attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 136

SlabHappy

Just curious who Robert from Kansas are? Looking at the thread, don't think they are AndyLanes, Ledheads, or Buckos. Are they AtticaFish?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nope...... not me! Am an Ohioan all the way. Never been to Kansas in my life. It is way too early in the game for you to get my jigs anyway. :p Besides, i just got my heads painted tonight. Hopefully cure and start tuying twomarrow. How long does it take the pony express to get to TX (on a good day) i wonder?

By my fishing preference, thinking my "true blue colors" should have been black/red instead of the scarlet/gray buckeye. Just don't tell Raider Roger Dodger or he will kidnap me just to raise his states electoral influence in the next election. What!!!!! Wait a second....... where are you from SlabHappy????????? My vote is CONSPIRACY~! Either, or, my jigs are gonna be black/red this swap and of the 1/64th variety. Hopefully they are not late for the deadline.

Kansas......... my guess is the father and son duo of eyecrosser and eyecrosser II. Were there were 2 separate sets?

SlabHappy

I don't believe they were EyeCrossers's. There was 20 different jigs, from Robert in Maryville, KS. Any help on the screen name? I can just use process of elimination, once the others make the trip. I'm ready to get some fishing in this weekend. It's getting good here in Texas! Going friday afternoon, not coming home till I have a limit. Even if it's after the sun comes back up the next morning. Liable to go home and try for another limit the next day. Time to stock the freezer!

eyecrosser

I think I may have sent them to wrong address. I was doing a 1 on one swap; somehow my other PM was deleted and wrote down that address by accident. If you will send them back I will cover the shipping. Sorry about the confusion.

eyecrosser

I lost a bunch of info from this site when computer went down, trying to figure out who I was swapping with, got their jigs already, threw out the package shippid in. PM me or message me here and I will send them your way when I get them back; sorry about the confusion folks.

eyecrosser

Can we get the word out about who I swapped with?? Lost info from swap when computer failed, thanks everyone.

SlabHappy

Ledhead's made the trip today. Here is where we stand so far:

1. SlabHappy -- tied
2. Kdog -- received
3. Plateboater -- received
4. Jay Wirth -- received
5. QPassage -- received
6. Chill49 -- received
7. AtticaFish -- received
8.Eyecrosser
9. Eyecrosser II
10. Outlawelectric -- received