JigCraft's Jig Swap #14

AndyLane

I have never done a jig swap but I'd like to start. Put me in please. Using satin and wool interests me. My mothers basement is like a cross between a quilting shop and a small version of Joane's fabric store so I think I have a line on some Satin. I'm going to have to get my hands on some wool though. I have read the other threads and such about jig swaps but I have a question. Do all the jigs I tie for the swap need to be the same color(s) and/or pattern(s)?

JUNGLEJIM1

Andy, all the jigs need to be the same, that way everyone get's the same as everyone else when they are returned. It's easier to do everything the same as well,not as much mess although tyer's do like variety. You'll enjoy the swaps,getting jigs from tyer's all over the country is pretty cool.

papaperch

Andy- JJ is 100% right about participating in the jig swaps. Can't remember the first swap I did. But I will tell you this my learning curve started to shoot sharply upward. Most of the best talented tyers came to this site from another one. Site was a good one but as far as sharing info and no drama about it I vastly prefer this one.

Some of the people that have been in a lot of swaps began framing their swap jigs and hanging them on the wall. They make nice wall decorations and conversation pieces. Even people that don't care about fishing are curious about them. I couldn't do that though I wanted to fish them went I saw them too much. I have framed some of my own and gave them to family and friends.

crazy angler

Future Sponsor
AtticaFish said:
Been a while since i've seen you in a swap CrazyAngler - do you remember how to tie? :p
I hope I do :dodgy:it's been awhile,but I'm sure I can throw something new atya!

StumpHunter

Bkabina said:
Can I get in? I haven't been tying long, but I'd like to give this a try.

Yes you can join in!! We all started at some point and these swaps will give you a chance to see the other tyers work up close. Some amazing jig and fly tyers on this site.

papaperch

:reeling::reeling::reeling:Got ten tied up and ready to swim south in search of warmer water. No reason for posting this other than making AF feel that hes behind before he even gets started.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Of, have plenty of time yet..... what scares me is that so far i am the only one signed up that takes their time. ha! No one like them slackers LedHed or Radtexan to set my clock by.

Involved in a fly swap on OGF right now also - think i have till the end of Feb. for that one and i only have 4 left (of 12) to do. WAY ahead of schedule. Too many materials involved in the fly though, so it just might take me till then.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
.........should say that i am glad to see a few new member in the swap! Has been quite a while since getting a CrazyAngler jig also.

StumpHunter

Jim I received your jigs today along with the wager jigs, awesome tyes and thanks for the added goody's :)

There is room for some others to join in on this swap and you have until the 31st to join up.

Radtexan

AtticaFish said:
Of, have plenty of time yet..... what scares me is that so far i am the only one signed up that takes their time. ha! No one like them slackers LedHed or Radtexan to set my clock by.

Involved in a fly swap on OGF right now also - think i have till the end of Feb. for that one and i only have 4 left (of 12) to do. WAY ahead of schedule. Too many materials involved in the fly though, so it just might take me till then.
Hey I resemble that remark :head_scratch:

Geeezz next to last one ONE swap and ill never hear the end of it ;)...Just so you know,on the last TFF swap,mine were the VERY first to arrive !!!

I would have liked to do this one guys,but havent done any of the wool or silk jigs yet,,,and dont see it happening in the near future,but looking forward to seeing what you guys put together

AndyLane

I finally had a chance to go pick up some wool today. Now that I have all of what I need I think Im ready to put some thread to my jigs for the swap.

papaperch

Swap 14 prototypes finally selected one of these. That's a 00 split ring in the middle to give idea on size. In case you deep south fellas don't know what those little white flakes are that's snow. Yesterday was 68 and rainy today 26 and snowing. Only thing consistent is the wind.

swap14.jpg

Fatman

Nice ties PapaP - I hear ya on the weather!! 56 degrees this morning and 2 hours later it was spittin snow again!! We're at 36 but the winds are kickin at 30-35 right now. Stay warm

Back