JigCraft's Jig Swap #14

StumpHunter

Lets sign up for our next JigCraft's Jig Swap #14.

For this swap since we have been so interested with Reds jigs, this swap will be along his line of tying a jig.

Rules
1. Jigs can be from 1/8 or smaller

2. Jigs can be tied using any materials you want to use but, you must use wool or satin or both wool/satin within your jigs.

3. You must have fun while tying these jigs :)

4. sign up will run until January 31st so others will have time to receive some wool or satin and the jigs need to be mailed out by February 14th.

Lets show what our JigCraft tyers can do with Wool/Satin,
Ronnie

1. StumpHunter - here
2. AtticaFish - received
3. Shoemo - received
4. JungleJim - received
5. Papaperch - received
6. Crazy Angler - received
7. CrappieHappy - received
8. AndyLane - received
9. Bkabina - received

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I will get in on this. Don't have any wool, but i do have some of the satin. Can come up with something. :)

StumpHunter

Got you added Attica

I tied some 1/8 and 5/8 jigs with satin tails that I'm going to use at the bottom weight on my spider rigging rigs and also tied some gnats with the satin to use for the upper hook. I'm going to be tipping these with minnows and am interested to see how they work. Plan to go try them today.

Shoemoo

I got some wool in the big box of fly tying material I received last year, so I'll give it a shot.

Shoemoo

LOL, we've got wool in just about every tackle store here, dyed in just about every bright color you can imagine. Steelhead anglers use it to tie yarn balls that imitate salmon eggs.

quivira kid

hunter7711 said:
I don't have any of either. Guess I'm out. Next time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Same here.... I have a pile of stuff to tie before spring anyways. Sorry fellas, but I am out!

StumpHunter

Glad to have you join us Jim. Look forward to seeing the jigs you come up with for this swap :)

Hate y'all can't make this swap Zac and Gary. Thanks for letting me know and hope to be in another swap with both of you soon.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Still have a full week before sign-up deadline, so maybe we just have some rrreeeaaalllyyyy ssslllooowww typing jig tiers? :p

Wondering if not enough people have the wool or satin yet........... totally up to you, but may have to reconsider it being a required element in the jigs. But i would wait it out first - if the sign-up is still low next week, can scrap this one and start all over with a new idea or just extend out the deadlines. I will still plan on using the satin i have for this swap. It is your swap though - just giving my
icon_penny.gif

papaperch

Ok Stumphunter sign me up as I can't quit playing with Reds style of jigs anyway. Will be heading down your way for the last two weeks of March 2013. Going to Lake Murray around Chapin South Carolina. Requested info on lake at CDC. And you guys came thru in high style.

Since Jiggerjohn has posted about Red and his jigs. I have been playing with his original concept. I have no idea which direction I will go for this swap but it won't be an exact copy of Reds.

If you fish Murray let me know . Maybe we can do a breakfast and a fishing trip. Mostly will be fishing by my lonesome anyway. So my little 16' Lund will have empty seats most days.

StumpHunter

I'll get you added papaperch. I'll be glad to come fish with you a day on Murray. I don't fish that lake but will enjoy a chance to fish there. I'll send you my phone number by PM so you can call before hand. I'm planning a trip with SeaRay to fly fish the upper end for bream around spring.

Russ I agree with you. We can push back the dates, I'm in no hurry :) Changed the sign up until the 31st with jigs to be mailed back by Feb 14th.

Back