JIG SWAP #5!!!!!!

hhawkins

moswampy said:
THE TIGER SWAP.

Jig colors will be predominately black with a second color yellow/gold and white highlights. This of couse to go along with my Mizzou Tigers who did not finish strong in football 10-3 but have been having some success in BasketBall. One other reason is my lakes in the Spring can turn brown and black jigs with a touch of color work well. Also under lights those black jigs with a touch of yella and white can really produce in the Summer.

Size 1/32 to 1/8th, jig makers of all skill levels encouraged (I am an ametuer). Want to make this a crappie jig but if a gill jig is out there in those colors it is more than welcome. Materials do not matter only the colors.

Jigs are to be mailed by Feb 17th(let me know if that is an issue) it will make me feel good to get them all on the 17th it is my birthday:D My wife will be angry when she sees all the jigs.

There is a limit of 20 participants, please include an extra jig for the board, please have fun tying. Please if you have any questions ask and check out this thread for information
jig swap info

If I have the materials at home the swapmeister will send back his jig along with a gill spoon or ice jig whichever I have the materials to make.

Sorry if I took so long in getting this swap started. I have been changing jobs so working more than usual, trying to kill geese and working on my decoy carving business while raising a family. Gotta love it.

Tom

for my wonderful Texas brothers here is a photo of what I am talking about

tiger.jpg

can't wait to see some hoop action between out teams. My favorite game so far this season has been Longhorns vs. UConn should be an instant ESPN classic both teams left it all on the floor.

1. MoSwampy
2.AtticaFish
3.LedHed
4.hunter7711
5.hhawkins
6.RadTexan
7.crappiecripplerjigs
8.PAPAperch
9.ScottV
10.JungleJim1
11.StumpHunter
12.CrazyAngler

Hey Moswampy......Do you have an address to send our jigs too? I could almost throw them to you, being this close to each other :p

crazy angler

Future Sponsor
ty'ed 20 today while at the show got the big XCF tourney going on tomorrow it's gonna be wild folks weighing in crappie with a chance to win $21,000.00 for 1st place is CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

crazy angler

Future Sponsor
Man I tyed gold power flaked heads rye colored squirrel tails and a black ice body their smokers!!!!!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
AtticaFish said:
hunter7711 - MO is not in the south???? It's south to me! Haha, just kidding with you.

Have to admit my ignorance... In my own little world (the map of the states in my head) i had MO where AR actually is. :huh: Dang, i was pretty good in geography once upon a time. The years are taking their toll........ :s

Anyway - have a black/gold jig pattern i am set on, just have to make a few brothers, cousins and uncles.

moswampy

We get Norhern Winter Weather and Souther Summer Weather a long great Spring and long Falls. The graveyard that is next to my backyard has several CSA gravestones in it one of them for Mr. Jesse James.

hunter7711

St. Joe is a great historical city. A little bit of North and a little bit of South. My mother played in Jesse James house when she was young. It has been moved 3 times. I even remember it in it's origional location. I am actually happy to be back here, even though my fishin season will be shorter. My heads are done. A Black custom head with a sprinkle of gold. The jig will be a perfect MO tye.

ScottV

I had my jigs tied and I decided that I didn't like them enough. So I tied up another batch. Which one's would y'all rather get? First one, second one, or one of each?
IMG_7182.jpg
IMG_7296.jpg

StumpHunter

Scott, they both look good to me.
Hunter, I think that fox will fish!!

I like how both of you added the second color to the heads.
I have tried powder painting with a base color and then add a color on top like a flake but can't get it to work.. Maybe I'm not heating the head enough to take the second color.?

LedHed

Sponsor
SH

Had to go back and look on the previous page – good thing – missed the post with your tye. Good thing – great jig – can’t wait. You might want to start another post with your question about the glitter. That is worth a post by itself and it will get lost here. I got a couple of good techniques (IMO) that would work…

I need to get busy – still mulling – but getting a lot of great inspiration here.

Thnx all

ScottV

Hey moswampy, how many jigs and where do I send them? I think crappiecripplerjigs dropped out, didn't he? I'm looking forward to seeing some of y'all's good work. I've got mine bagged and tagged.

moswampy

looks like 11 folks on this one plus the extra for the board.

if I missed someone let me know

1. MoSwampy
2.AtticaFish
3.LedHed
4.hunter7711
5.hhawkins
6.RadTexan
7.PAPAperch
8.ScottV
9.JungleJim1
10.StumpHunter
11.CrazyAngler

Radtexan

Make ya a deal Swampy...

Your Tigers take care of business tonight with the Jayhawks,and Ill tie a true Tiger jig... If not Ill still abide by the guidelines but,,,,, one more color may find its way into my tie duel.gif

Back