JIG SWAP #5!!!!!!

moswampy

THE TIGER SWAP.

Jig colors will be predominately black with a second color yellow/gold and white highlights. This of couse to go along with my Mizzou Tigers who did not finish strong in football 10-3 but have been having some success in BasketBall. One other reason is my lakes in the Spring can turn brown and black jigs with a touch of color work well. Also under lights those black jigs with a touch of yella and white can really produce in the Summer.

Size 1/32 to 1/8th, jig makers of all skill levels encouraged (I am an ametuer). Want to make this a crappie jig but if a gill jig is out there in those colors it is more than welcome. Materials do not matter only the colors.

Jigs are to be mailed by Feb 17th(let me know if that is an issue) it will make me feel good to get them all on the 17th it is my birthday:D My wife will be angry when she sees all the jigs.

There is a limit of 20 participants, please include an extra jig for the board, please have fun tying. Please if you have any questions ask and check out this thread for information
jig swap info

If I have the materials at home the swapmeister will send back his jig along with a gill spoon or ice jig whichever I have the materials to make.

Sorry if I took so long in getting this swap started. I have been changing jobs so working more than usual, trying to kill geese and working on my decoy carving business while raising a family. Gotta love it.

Tom

for my wonderful Texas brothers here is a photo of what I am talking about

tiger.jpg

can't wait to see some hoop action between out teams. My favorite game so far this season has been Longhorns vs. UConn should be an instant ESPN classic both teams left it all on the floor.

1. MoSwampy----------IN HOUSE
2.AtticaFish-------------shipped
3.LedHed-------------shipped
4.hunter7711---------ARRIVED!!!
5.hhawkins-----------ARRIVED!!!!
6.RadTexan-----------ARRIVED!!! even in black and yella!!:D
7.PAPAperch---------ARRIVED!!!
8.ScottV--------------ARRIVED!!!
9.JungleJim1-----------ARRIVED!!!!
10.StumpHunter---------ARRIVED!!!
11.CrazyAngler

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sign me up please! Timing is perfect, everyone's sould be back to a normal schedule after the holidays now. Thanks for hosting. :) :jig:

hunter7711

I'm moving back to St. Joe next week, but think I will have time after the move. Your going to be close enough we should get together sometime MoSwampy. One problem I see. I'm a KU basketball fan, and went to Nebraska, so you know where I watch football.

Radtexan

Love the collegiate theme swampy,and I agree the main color should be black,but red looks much better as the accent color.....:p
TTUjig002.jpg

However, I will try (the Dude abides) by your guidelines...So sign me up..

moswampy

hunter 7711 I don't believe that is possible since you cheer for teams not from your home state.:mad::D

RadT that is fine looking jig, just think you add your red and my yella you might be able to get to that ugly burnt orange color:p

hunter7711

OK MoSwampy! I always take really good care of the swapmiester. :dodgy:I'm going to take special care of you!!!!:D Your going to get a nice supply of red and white to take care of NE (my alma mater) and a little blue and yellow so you can do a good job for KS when the need comes up. I like KS because they always have GREAT coaches, Norm was the only good coach MO has had in 20 years. We'll have to settle this in a fish off.:p

crappiecripplerjigs

Thought I was going to sit out for a swap or two, but the whole Mizzou theme I cannot miss! Save me a spot. I love M-I-Z !! Hunter... I'm also a Nebraska fan and friend of Grant Wistrom (alum and NFL'er) yes I'm name dropping here! I'd like in on the fish off as well!! But Kansas ??????? SHAME ON YOU!

hunter7711

LOL.... I've been a KS basketball fan since the 50's. Seen Wilt play, and JO JO White. Went to every Christmas Big 8 Tourney in Kansas City. I like MO, when they are coached right. A couple of my Little League boys played for them in the mid 90's. Was a MO fan for a "SHORT" period. Will always be a NE football fan. I'd rather see NE lose than the Chiefs win....does that make me bad????? Chiefs fans are only fans when they are winning. LOL....Sorry!!!! This is a jig forum after all. Keep your jig wet.

Radtexan

wtex said:
I have seen that red and black jig of Rogers somewhere before.

I'll swap if you will let me.

Didnt intend to take credit for the Red Raider jig,its one of my favorite jigs Ive ever received....And tied by none other than the Multi talented wtex himself :D

wtex

Radtexan said:
wtex said:
I have seen that red and black jig of Rogers somewhere before.

I'll swap if you will let me.

Didnt intend to take credit for the Red Raider jig,its one of my favorite jigs Ive ever received....And tied by none other than the Multi talented wtex himself :D

I didn't think that at all. I am just surprised you still have it.

papaperch

Going to have to think this one over . Yellow and black or gold and black are the colors of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Who are the most hated rivals of my team the Cleveland Browns. Due to the Browns's performance overall since they have come back this rivalry is almost dead. In order for a GOOD rivalry to exist both teams have to maintain a certain level of expertise. While the Steelers have overall have maintained even excelled my beloved Browns have fallen into such disrepair that they are a laughing stock.

Still my loyalty runs deep and I don't know if I can overcome the repugnance I feel for this color combo. Imagine if it was a great fishing catcher in my neck of the woods. Thank god its not at least for the species I pursue.

Then on the other side I have not missed a JC jig swap yet. This is an unfair load to placing on an old 63 yr old brain. Decisions decisions decisions or as Hamlet said to be or not to be !!!!

Radtexan

Dont know if this will help anyone or not,but a list of other teams we can say were tying the colors of :)

Alabama State University: black & gold
University of Central Florida: black & gold
Kennesaw State University: black, gold
Purdue University: gold & black
Iowa University: gold & black
Wichita State University: black & gold
Louisiana-Grambling State University: black, gold
Southern Mississippi: black & gold
Wake Forest University: black & gold
Wofford College: Old Gold & black
Vanderbilt Univesity: gold & black
West Point: black, gray, & gold

Personally I think Im between Kennesaw,and Wofford

wtex

Sounds like bumble bee to me. Since we have the input of all you Missouri Guys. I have a question. Your logo has always confused me. The M and the tiger look great. But their are no z's in Missouri. It is like mizzpelled. Whats the message? If you can't spell this is the place for you. Or am I just missing something here. Please enlighten me. Not meant to be mean spirited. I just don't get it.

moswampy

well I am glad to add some good controversy to a jig swap, I don't know if that has ever happened:D

I soldered up some of these for a bonus today. Did not have enough for ice jigs. I used them as trailers behind a crank this year and they did well for me on keeper size crappie and whites. No monsters but they would out perform the cranks most days.

P1020689.jpg

Wtex I always assumed the MIZZOU-Rah was due to the way most folks say Missouri (mizzura). I looked it up and it goes back to alumni information to 1906 so the actual orgin is not known. Makes for great stadium cheers as the announcer yells MIZ and the crowd yells back ZOU!!!!!

Back