JIG SWAP #5!!!!!!

JUNGLEJIM1

Since I've lived in Mizzou-ri all my life and a Tiger fan as well,it wouldn't be right if I didn't sign up for this one so sign me up.It shouldn't be too hard to come up with a jig in those colors.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
jjsjigs - So are you in??? Just wasn't sure from your post, but you being from PA, you shouldn't have any trouble making up some black & yellow.... unless that is - you are a Phillies Phan. :p

papaperch - It pains me as well to tie up 'squeeler' colors (no offense jjsjigs - lol) but i will do my best. If the poor Browns could keep the same leadership for more than a year or 2, maybe they could show some consistency? They did have a few good games in the middle of the season. :rolleyes: If they could STAY ON THE FIELD for the last 5 mins of a game.......

BTW - Small, black/yellow & brown/yellow jigs have done well with bluegill in the past for me.

wtex

Moswampy, Thanks for your reply. I could only figure it was due to the way it was pronounced. I see that every football season and have wanted to ask someone that question. I guess Missou just would not be the same.

crappiecripplerjigs

I need to drop out before this gets started. Got a very large order from a local tackle shop this morning. Look forward to the pictures though!

moswampy

Does SuperBowl Sunday sound appropriate? Gives you two weeks past that to get them in the mail. I have spoons and heads curing right now in the oven.

moswampy

here is what I came up with last night while watching some TV. I painted 30 jigs I figure it is going to take 5-10 to get me back into getting the little things looking good. The color blends worked out looks like a dark or clear water ready jig.

little spoons are shaping up nicely also, I did well with them on gills last year too. For some reason there were roving bands of gills on a lake I fish that worked the top of the water early in the days. looked similar to white bass under the surface. A little spoon brought into them always caught fish.

P1030166.jpg

hunter7711

That looks pretty good. Just got the truck unloaded today. Next couple of days will be unpacking the boxes. I have in mind what I want to do. Going from catching limits in 70 degrees to snow and hard water is hard to take. I miss the south already.

JUNGLEJIM1

The snow and ice won't last forever,hunter. Sometimes it just seems that way. It's time to tie and prepare for when the ice leaves.The fish are hungry then and will be biting before the ice is even gone.

ScottV

hunter7711 said:
That looks pretty good. Just got the truck unloaded today. Next couple of days will be unpacking the boxes. I have in mind what I want to do. Going from catching limits in 70 degrees to snow and hard water is hard to take. I miss the south already.

The south's gonna miss you too, hunter. I got your crankbaits in the mail to you yesterday. One more box to unpack. LOL

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Moswampy - Those look nice! Very cool to to give out an extra gift as well.

hunter7711 - MO is not in the south???? It's south to me! Haha, just kidding with you. Would think that the extreme cold weather is NOT a regular thing there though, but i could be wrong. Gona have to map/search your new location to see the general area where you are now...... and what lakes you have nearby. :D

crazy angler

Future Sponsor
Ya'll stick Me in this one if You can I'll be sittin at a tackle show this weekend so I know I can get 20 tied up in a new head with squirrel tails!

papaperch

Ok after much thought and deliberation I have decided ( special thanks to Radtexan for alternative team representations). I have been able to tie up a couple in this color scheme. Waited for two days and still was able to hold all meals down ( dang near lost one meal when Squealers beat da Jets but then I hate the Jets too ) so I guess I can participate in this one.

My contribution to this swap will be yellow chartreuse and black bunny draped upon a black minnow head with yeller recessed eyes. with a strand of gold with bumblebee chenille. Will post pix of school of them before migration to Swapmeister's abode.

That s the long version.

Short version - sign me up.

Back