Jig Swap # 35

Fin and Fur

I had plans of a really complicated tie but I'm running outta time. Changed my mind on what I am gonna tie. Just so you know it'll be a prototype (all critter though not a bit of synthetic except thread) and you gentlemen can do the testing.

Still haven't heard back from hookup whether he wants pre paid postage or what the standard operating procedure is.

hookup

Just sent you a PM -

either works, but after I sent in jigs early & found out the USPS pre pay expires, I went back to sending $$$

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Well crap, just realized i had the date wrong in my head. I need to pay better attention. Just painted them last night so my jigs won't be going out until early next week. I have cut it close a few times in the past, but this will be the first time i have officially been late. ugh. Sorry everyone!

Fin and Fur - You want to send along a prepaid postage envelope with your jigs. That way once hookup separates them out, just seal up the envelopes and drop them in the nearest box. Make sure they are prepaid with STAMPS on the envelope!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
We were typing at the same time hookup....... You are correct, the metered sticker things do expire. If you prepay with stamps, that never expires. ;)

AllenOK

Mine hit the mail today. Unfortunately, I am having an issue with some paperwork preventing me from doing certain things right now. As a result, my word processor is locked up, so I had to hand-write my toe tags. Hopefully y'all can read my chicken-scratch.

QPassage

AllenOK said:
Mine hit the mail today.  Unfortunately, I am having an issue with some paperwork preventing me from doing certain things right now.  As a result, my word processor is locked up, so I had to hand-write my toe tags.  Hopefully y'all can read my chicken-scratch.

Just a heads up.  Back last year I created a private hidden group on facebook.  In these groups you can create a spreadsheet or word doc (on their server) and print it, and store it there for easy access.  I also have a speadsheet set up with the links to where I buy all my supplies.  Nice part it's free.  another nice thing is if you do like me and have stuff printed at a print shop you can just access it from there facebook giving them a password in from your phone.  Then just change the pw after you are finished.

hookup

Just got back from visiting Dad ... have three packages but haven't opened any up yet.

Will do a summary when I'm done w/ honeydo's and unpacking

Fin and Fur

Making toe tags in Google docs my step daughter showed me how to get to it so far so good. Headed to USPS in the morning. Sorry for the late send, I'm a procrastinator/been swamped with work.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
My swap jigs - The Amazing Flying Squirr-Craws - hit the mail a few minutes ago. Used a new-to-me Dollar Store material for the claws and a squirrel wing to keep things from fouling up. Got to see this one to understand. haha. There are an even dozen tied up, so go ahead and keep the extras hookup. I am tying myself a few of these in the near future...... smallmouth are going to think they are candy!

Thanks for hosting!

HairyMooseKnuckles

AtticaFish said:
My swap jigs - The Amazing Flying Squirr-Craws - hit the mail a few minutes ago.  Used a new-to-me Dollar Store material for the claws and a squirrel wing to keep things from fouling up.  Got to see this one to understand.  haha.  There are an even dozen tied up, so go ahead and keep the extras hookup.  I am tying myself a few of these in the near future...... smallmouth are going to think they are candy!

Thanks for hosting!

Sure would like to see your creation! On the crawdads trade we did last year, "hookup" made some with sparkie jigs. At least I think it was "hookup." Anyways, I had Grousefly pour me up some to try. I just got to get them painted.

hookup

I have 5 of the 6 packages on my desk.

When I get the last one, I'll open them up, sort them, then get them to the PO asap.

Fin and Fur

Should see it Friday or Saturday at latest sorry I've been swamped working in boonies til dark for last week. Got lotsa extra postage

hookup

I didn't want to name names LoL

No prob Fin ... with work, I'm not going to get around to separating & packaging until the weekend

hookup

Last one came in today.  I thought someone was messing with me since I got three packages today with jigs - but it turned out that before I left to see Dad I sent some guys on another board some jigs I made and they thanked me by sending me stuff.

Now the fun begins with the Post Office - I'll try to get everything out by Monday - since T, W, and Th work owns me.

Also will try to take some pix & get them on the board

Wow - THANK YOU for all the extra swag.  I added a little extra something for everyone in the swap.

Fin and Fur

My toe tags didn't get printed obviously . so here it is white, black lama(thanks toadfrog ), blue dyed wool, peacock herl red thread on 1/16 collarball. Now I know the value of a good fur counter. I tried to get all 10 of them the same but they didn't turn out the same obviously

hookup

Some nice ties in this one.

IMGP1015_zpsoxljrbi6.jpg

IMGP1014_zps5uduny3b.jpg

IMGP1013_zpskdhjbxxi.jpg

Back