Jig Swap # 35

hookup

Swap #35 is a critter tie. 

I stole the format from Que's recent swap.

Anything up to 1/4 oz. It can have anything else in it but somewhere along the line it needs to include a something from a critter - deer, rabbit, fox, bird, human, your dog  ....  use your imagination

Swap sign up starts now, sign ups close Feb 14th, Valentines day. Jigs to be to me by the Feb 29th. 

I would like to limit this to one tie, but if you have time & are feeling generous, go for as many as you choose to tie. I have 10 listed, but will go over if required to as many who want to sign up.

Please Note!!! Jig Craft is listed in the number one slot. We will be tying an extra set for the site. The sight will not be partaking in the tying part, although will be receiving a full set of jigs from the swap. I will send the extra set of jigs to Attica since he's the big cheese on the board.

Any and all members are welcome to join in, this is a great way for beginners to get some hands on talent in there possession to learn more about tying. This is in my opinion a great way to give a little back to Jig Craft. 

I also enjoy this place and have always felt very welcomed here. 

Thank you HookUp

1. JigCraft
2. HookUp
3. JerryT
4. Atticafish
5. Kdog
6. Fin and Fur
7. QPassage
8. AllenOK

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in.  May have to do a critter-critter tie....... use one of those animals listed and also make it look like a creepy crawling critter.

I hope you are ready for some snow out there hookup!

hookup

We're off to a good start ... lets keep the momentum going

Don't limit yourself to the animals listed - be creative

Yep, we're expecting the big one here in DC. I decided not to go in, but went around this morning early & got gas for the generator, filled up the cars, milk, sausage, and beer.

Kdog

hookup said:
Swap #35 is a critter tie. 

I stole the format from Que's recent swap.

Anything up to 1/4 oz. It can have anything else in it but somewhere along the line it needs to include a something from a critter - deer, rabbit, fox, bird, human, your dog  ....  use your imagination

Swap sign up starts now, sign ups close Feb 14th, Valentines day. Jigs to be to me by the Feb 29th. 

I would like to limit this to one tie, but if you have time & are feeling generous, go for as many as you choose to tie. I have 10 listed, but will go over if required to as many who want to sign up.

Please Note!!! Jig Craft is listed in the number one slot. We will be tying an extra set for the site. The sight will not be partaking in the tying part, although will be receiving a full set of jigs from the swap. I will send the extra set of jigs to Attica since he's the big cheese on the board.

Any and all members are welcome to join in, this is a great way for beginners to get some hands on talent in there possession to learn more about tying. This is in my opinion a great way to give a little back to Jig Craft. 

I also enjoy this place and have always felt very welcomed here. 

Thank you HookUp

1. JigCraft
2. HookUp
3. JerryT
4. Atticafish

hookup

Gotta find some roadkill!

I was eyeing a fresh killed skunk that must have not released it's scent yet. Wife saw that look in my eyes and started yelling at me "Don't you even think about it". Never tied with skunk & heard it did well in water was my response along with a long laugh.

hookup

Fin and Fur said:
I'm in. This will be the my first time participating in a jig swap. So my question is; tie 1 pattern 10 times?
Generally yes, but I'm pretty easy so do whatever you feel like.

Your handle goes great with this swap.

Fin and Fur

Ha ha, yes, my handle does go well with this swap. Will you PM the address to send our products to? I'm a newbie, so you'll have to bear with me and all my questions.... unfortunately, I don't have some bear to tie with.

hookup

LoL I'll bear with you even though you have no bear to tie with

I know there's a thread with all the rules but not sure exactly where it is

As soon as the swap closes, I'll send a PM out to everyone with details on where to send them

hookup

Good news is you can fish with your first & second prototype

Kdog

Dyes some bucktail pieces (Black and Chartreuse) just to get started.  I still like bucktail over most other fur I have tried.
Now to make some mini hair stackers and a hair sorter/grouping device to keep each bundle the same size. Any idea from anyone would be appreciated.

Fin and Fur

Kdog, like this? Copper tubing may slide inside each other. cap larger diam and flare smaller diam. I know that electical conduit is a nice fit. To get the most out of a bunch of hair use a mustache comb and staighten hairs and remove any underhair before taping. Don't know if I'm going down the right road for ya.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1454127111814.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1454127111814.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1454127125795.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1454127125795.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 36

Fin and Fur

Or block of wood/dowl drilled to slightly over size of tube(tube needs to slide freely). It would have to be drilled through and flat base attached if you want tips to be flush. Different size inter tube will make smaller or larger bundles. Over stuffing a small tube with hair you will not get the desired result. In that 1/2" ID tube I usually only put 1/8 to 3/16" worth of hair, it needs to breath so they can slide into place. Let me know if this makes sense.

Back