Grandpa Bob's

papaperch

Fatman- Your story remind me of a garage sale I stopped at a long time ago. Woman ( rather nice looking ) had three tables setup. Two of the tables had the usual christmas , kids toys and clothes and other junk. On the third table a bunch of fishing tackle and ammunition.

There was no prices other than the old stickers still from the store where purchased. She had two rectangular clothes baskets full of ammo. Mostly bricks of 22 lr , several boxes of 22mag. 20 ga and 12 ga shotshells. Plus about 50 boxes of assorted pistol and rifle rounds. As I was looking she told me twenty dollars per box. I thought she meant each box of shells. I said Lady the store prices on the brick of 22s is 9.99 ?? She replies NO I want 20 for the whole laundry basket. I told her I would take them both at that price but that she was cheating herself now. She said no its what her ( cant repeat string of cusswords ) husband had done and this was going to punish him. I won't repeat his crimes but let me just say I did not feel a bit guilty about this.

redman

Papaperch too funny a story. Hell hath no wrath like a woman's scorn. I fear some day I come home to no tying equipment or material if I don't behave myself. The one thing that keeps me in line.

Redman

Fatman

That's why we all need to have a list of what we ACTUALLY pay for stuff so that when we kick off the wives can get some of it back LOL

StumpHunter

I got an e-mail today from GPB that my order has been shipped. Ordered it last Tues so that's not a bad turn around for this time of year.

hunter7711

Grandpa Bob's ordered Feb 7....Haven't heard anything.
Capt'n Hooks ordered the 18th....got hooks today.....cost extra $5.00.

Squeakyboatcaptain

No word on my chenille yet.... but I ordered it Friday.....So I'll be patient for a little bit.... If I would have ordered from CAT.... I would have had it by now though....

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I heard Matzuo USA didnt forecast their sickle sales worth a hoot. So those buying direct from them are having to get from wholesalers at the moment.

Boy, A little communication sure would be nice!

hunter7711

Funny thing is Matzuo was one of the factories I rep'ed back in the late 90's. They were really bad about shipping even then. I was constantly putting out fires with customers.

ScottV

I just got an email from Grandpa Bob's;

Date Ordered: Monday 13 February, 2012

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Shipped

Squeakyboatcaptain

Just sent an email, as I have heard nothing since I ordered. Guess I'll be driving over to CAT today to get some chenille to hold me over til my order gets in.... Today makes one week. Probably pour some more heads and do some painting after that???

Squeakyboatcaptain

Well Hell.... I ordered almost 110.00$ worth of Chenille... no hooks.... you think someone would have at least sent an e-mail. When I order from CAT.... I get 3 or more emails confirming and when shipment was sent.... and still get my stuff in less than 3 days...Of course... I live right around the corner from Robert. lol

Squeakyboatcaptain

I got an email from grandpa bob's this morning that my order will ship on Monday...said they were backed up and had never seen it so busy. At least I got some info.

Back