Grandpa Bob's

hunter7711

Is anyone else seeing a real slowdown on shipping from him? This is the 3rd order in a row that is going on 2 weeks and I still haven't received it. I've been buying my hooks from him because he beats everyone else by $5.00 a 1000. Guess I'll have to pay a little more.

Radtexan

Last order was a little slow,but I emailed him, and got an answer right back.One item was BO.He got the main order right out,and shipped the other items as soon as they came in..at his expense.

First several orders was exceptional..I will certainly keep ordering......

ScottV

I tried to make an order with him but PayPal wouldn't work. I emailed them 3 days ago with no answer. I've used PayPal since then so that's not the problem.

StumpHunter

I made an order with him on Wed using paypal. I hope it does not take long as I'm in need of hooks. My last order came in under a week.

crappiecripplerjigs

I am glad someone else brought this up. My last two orders from him were not shipped until I sent an email asking about the order. First one received after 17 days. Second one took 15 days. Didn't order anything out of the ordinary. Email replies were very short as well. "Items were shipped". But not until I asked.... Used to get great service.......

LedHed

Sponsor
Sounds like something "not good" is going on. Hooks could be late if they are waiting to restock but they sould be contacting the customer.........

crappiecripplerjigs

My only concern is that the items were not shipped until I emailed about the order after waiting 10 days with nothing. Both times the orders were shipped the same day I inquired about them.

Radtexan

crappiecripplerjigs said:
My only concern is that the items were not shipped until I emailed about the order after waiting 10 days with nothing. Both times the orders were shipped the same day I inquired about them.

x2

ScottV

I just got an email response from Grandpa Bob's;

Hi Scott,

We are waiting on our shipment of hooks from Matzuo. they had all orders on hold because of a price change. That was lifted on Thursday. and orders were being shipped out. As soon as I get my order I will ship them out to you.

Grandpa Bob
-----

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
The hold up on matzuos is understandable. If you've dealt with them much you've had to wait! As for slow responses to emails, I don't know why that would happen.

Fatman

When I first heard of the sickles I tried 250 of size 2 and 4 - then never got to fish them, the medical stuff started happening but I got a steal on on ebay for 1000 size 2's (lady told me flat out she was selling all her husbands stuff as he'd ticked her off LOL) I have about 800 or so left and when there gone may just switch back to the Mustads, EC's (they're actually been pretty good) and I actually like the VMC's too.

Back