Postage & Swaps

Jay Wirth

Just a heads-up for all swap participants. When preparing your return envelope:

1: Be sure postage is enough. My thought is one extra stamp costs very little compared to not receiving your package.

2: Metered Postage is only good for 30 days. If you get your package in early and others hold things up the Host may be stuck with the cost of your return postage.

That being said, JigCraft has some of the best swaps & tyers. I have enjoyed every swap.

Tight Lines,

Fatman

When I was doing fly swaps I'd get my package weighed and find out what the postage was then go out in my car and finish packing it up. I'd put what it cost me to mail it to the swapmeister and an extra $2, in the package. Don't believe in putting pre-paid postage in a swap envelope it never seems to be enough!! and the swap meister shouldn't have to worry about taking from their own pocket to make up differences.

hookup

If you need any more $$'s, let me know and I'll have a letter out.

I use to just add cash, then went to putting the postage on the return letter. I think I'll go back to cash because it never expires.

Jay Wirth

Im not looking for any reimbursement and am sure that the majority of JC members are not out to screw anyone out of a few cents. I have no problem with any past swaps and just put out the word for what to avoid.

ACAMS

Well I got my package yesterday, and see you also added for mine!

Leave the stupid ass postal clerks out of it, it is their job to get your money!

You paid for tracking, that was not needed!

I will make up the .09 cents next time, but when somebody puts postage on their package, all you have to do is drop it in the box!

NICE JIGS TOO!!!!!

Jay Wirth

I did not pay extra for tracking and did not ask for any extra level of shipping when I had them check before shipping. I just the extra $.09 postage because it would not get sent. I, as a host, would much prefer to assure a package will be received than have a bad reputation / low participation as a poor host.

hookup

Tracking started up recently with the USPS to compete with UPS & FedEx.

LedHed

Sponsor
I've done it and had it done to me - never intentionally. Hard to judge the return postage when you don't know what will be returned to you.

One way to look at it (at least I do) - the extra stuff (usually sent for hosting) covers the cost for the extra postage.

Maybe participants can send 5 or 7 stamps - host figures out the return postage - and sends back the remaining stamps...

"That being said, JigCraft has some of the best swaps & tyers. I have enjoyed every swap." X 2!

Back