New custom paints

JUNGLEJIM1

I wanted to get some brighter colors on some of my jigs and started mixing my own paints using clear powder and Pearl Ex Pigments that I purchased at a local hobby shop. I mixed five colors and started painting with it, finishing with silver crinkle powder paint. I think it looks great so I will be adding more colors today. These are 1/4 oz. football and poison tails.IMG_2729.JPGIMG_2733.JPGIMG_2732.JPGIMG_2731.JPG

ArtIrish

I wanted to get some brighter colors on some of my jigs and started mixing my own paints using clear powder and Pearl Ex Pigments that I purchased at a local hobby shop. I mixed five colors and started painting with it, finishing with silver crinkle powder paint. I think it looks great so I will be adding more colors today. These are 1/4 oz. football and poison tails.View attachment 22310View attachment 22311View attachment 22312View attachment 22313
Great idea. Really unique ?
I wanted to get some brighter colors on some of my jigs and started mixing my own paints using clear powder and Pearl Ex Pigments that I purchased at a local hobby shop. I mixed five colors and started painting with it, finishing with silver crinkle powder paint. I think it looks great so I will be adding more colors today. These are 1/4 oz. football and poison tails.View attachment 22310View attachment 22311View attachment 22312View attachment 22313
I really like what you've done here. Would you be willing to share how you applied the paint to get the effect. Or is that just the effect of the silver krinkle over an initial powder paint dip Thanks.

JUNGLEJIM1

I heat the head only one time using 3-6 colors by dipping or brushes before dipping into the silver crinkle as my last step. Heads look shiny black before baking in oven and then the colors come through. I just did some 1/4 swimbait heads. IMG_2817.JPG

ramjet

Those are phenomenal. Is there a youtube vid (hint) of how to do that? Or maybe a photo step by step here?

Ronnie Voes

I would really like to try this silver and gold crinkle paints .But I can not find thelm for sale any were .
Please let me know were to purchase these crinkle powder paints .

ArtIrish

Nicely done, great mixture of colors, I use those mica powders to a touch of color when I make plastics baits as well

Back