One of my favorites

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Starts outs with a very light dusting of mica powder/clear coat, not full coverage.  Only get it hot enough to stick a very thin layer.  Tap on a darker color on the dorsal side.  Straight black works, but i have a couple different dark gold pearl powders that i like and then just a slight tap of black to make it pop.  Careful, it is easy to go too much on the black.  Last thing is my custom Copper Glitz color (mixture of copper transparent, gold holographic glitter, silver holographic glitter & red glitter) that gets tapped on liberally to only the upper half.

View attachment 6

Those ones are pretty subtle and natural colors.  Great for clear water and reluctant or negative fish.  When they are active and you want to pop their eyes out when your bait swims by, BAM! 

View attachment 7

Last but not least..... these couple here show another color i do use a lot for walleye and crappie when i want to throw a bright color.  Both are fluorescent red but looks like a very bright orange.  Jigs on the left have some silver holographic glitter tapped on.  Jigs on the right i mixed pearl mica powder right with the fluor. red and then added the silver glitter on top.  The mica mixed in with the opaque color makes just about any color a metallic-ish looking finish.  Just to see if the mica covered up any of the fluorescent properties of the color, held them under a black light.  They both glowed very brightly under the black light.

View attachment 8

View attachment 9

Attachments

• 100_0973_e.jpg
    100_0973_e.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_0967_e.jpg
    100_0967_e.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_0961_e.jpg
    100_0961_e.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_0959_e.jpg
    100_0959_e.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 167

toadfrog

Holy moly if all your eyes are that clean those average lazy crappie fishermen that whine if they have to clean out one eye in a hundred will be on their knees at your door step begging like pups wanting jerky.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the comments. The copper is still a favorite of mine. Just painted a few new heads last week (copper top/pearl belly) and going to need more with spring around the corner. Even got a new Canon digi cam to play with that has an outstanding macro setting so will be posting some new creations soon.

Back