mustad 32889 2x fine wire jighook

redear

plateboater, yeah I get them from jasons tackle, just got another box too. He gets them out super fast even though he works a job too, I just google crappie lite jighooks or mustad 32889 jighooks and I order from him off of ebay, but he also has a website. I have seen him run out on his site though and still bought from him on ebay, great service on all 3 boxes I ordered from him. he's in Missouri and it takes 4 days to get to Virginia USPS. also saw them on captain hooks website, but I don,t get the service from them that Jason gives.

plateboater

Thanks....just ordered a 100 pack of #4 and #2 from Jason. Will see turn time from MO to IL!

redear

you are gonna love those hooks. I need to get out and fish them some more, my fishing buddy has had a bad sinus infection though and hasn't felt like getting out. I can see those size 4's working for bluegills also using the 1/24 kiptail jigs and a crappie nibble on the hook. the other day I had a size 2 lite wire hung in my rain jacket and didn't know it, when I went to pull the jacket off it was also hung in my pants, not knowing what it was I pulled hard like a dummy and the hook straightened out but would not turn loose due to the barb, I got it out of there and bent it back into shape no problem. for the pond panfishing I do mostly I think the size 4 will be my favorite, but for a 1/8 head the size 2 would be great.

redear

yesterday I delivered a couple dozen kiptail 1/16 jigs to a man and they have these hooks on them, purple hair with fl. yellow head, he uses a minnow to tip with. He inspected the hooks and was really liking them, he promised some feedback on them after using them, this guy spider rigs alot and he usually puts fish in the boat so he will be a good field tester for sure. as soon as our contract gets ratified at work in a couple days I'm gonna order a couple more boxes, it seems every time I find something I like to use they either stop making it or they get hard to find, lol.

plateboater

Ordered my 100 pack of #2 and #4.....arrived today. Look real nice. Will want #1 and 1/0! Will have to pour, paint, tie and post a couple pics!! Think there is any worry about rust with these hooks? Or nor more than others. There is definite visual diameter smaller. I think it would take less force to puncture the mouth of the fish. Be interesting experiment!

plateboater

Ordered my 100 pack of #2 and #4.....arrived today. Look real nice. Will want #1 and 1/0! Will have to pour, paint, tie and post a couple pics!! Think there is any worry about rust with these hooks? Or nor more than others. There is definite visual diameter smaller. I think it would take less force to puncture the mouth of the fish. Be interesting experiment!

redear

being bronze finish hooks I'm sure they will rust, but I did fish a couple jigs one day and then laid them out to dry and they haven't rusted yet, these were kiptail jigs and they dry fast. I'm sure if they had chenille bodys they probably would have rusted being as the body would hold the moisture for a while, but at 3 1/2 cents a piece I'm not sweating it, those size 4's are perfect for what I do.

plateboater

So here we go......1/16 #4 comparing new hook vs sickle. You can see the difference more in the 1/8 #2 hooks. These are very light wire and like a needle. I think force needed will be very minimal. These will work!
View attachment 4
View attachment 5
View attachment 6

Attachments

• DSCN1200.JPG
    DSCN1200.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN1202.JPG
    DSCN1202.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN1206.JPG
    DSCN1206.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 22

redear

plateboater, great pics for sure! I got a texy message from the guy I set up with some kiptail jigs with these hooks and he said he landed a 6 lb. striper on one as well as two pickerel over 4 lbs. all while trying to catch some crappies, he is an expert fisherman with light tackle though and that makes alot of difference, he uses 18 foot spider rig rods and 8 lb. test line. If you are tying a jig with these hooks and you stroke or pull the material back while tying you will be wearing this hook on your hand or finger, they are impressively sharp.

redear

they can be a little loose in some molds because of the wire diameter but I just try to figure out the best way to hold those specific molds so the hooks won't get crooked on me. the next molds I make will be for this hook.

plateboater

I used a do-it pro 1/16 and 1/8 with no problem on being loose! But agree those little needles are very sharp!

redear

today I delivered another 2 dozen pinkie style jigs to a great crappie fisherman, and got some feedback on these hooks in size 4. the last batch of jigs I made for him also had these hooks, and he proceeded to tell me about one jig that he had finally broken the hook on, I was a little dissapointed until he told me how many times he had gotten it hung up and bent it out which was like 4 times and had caught about 60 crappies on it as well as a few catfish and a 6 lb. striper. I asked him if this hook was worth messing with? he said absolutely! he said he would have lost that jig early on if it hadn't had the lite wire, when he finally broke it he said it was hung up bad. just thought you guys and gals might like to hear about this guys opinion of the hook, I think he even said there were some bass caught on it too.

JUNGLEJIM1

Interesting hook, don't know how I missed this. I might try some because of the light wire, I wish the part of the hook from bend to eye was shorter like the sickle.

redear

thanks guys, yeah it's not a short shank hook but in size 4 is perfect for crappies, perch, small bass etc. I do love the sickles also but no hook seems to do it all well so I believe these are a good addition to the box. I have poured a few hundred in the last couple days in the single cavity molds and haven't found a bad one yet.

Back