June Fly Swap-----completed----

rich mc

thanks for putting them up. both flies will ride hook point up. the worm is weedless as a texas plastic worm rich mc

StumpHunter

Both of my flies are used for trout while bottom fishing on the mountain creeks and rivers. I have been using them while gill fishing and they are killer flies for Bluegills on the bed and shellcracker. Worked under a float with a 2 lb tippet they are working while fishing the bank and weed beds.

Thanks for running the fly swap HMK.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Some great looking patterns here..... there is a variety!

The fly i tied is sort of a cross between baitfish and terrestrial pattern. Roving and flash body over the silver rib ( iffy clouserish :huh: ) then a couple silicone legs up front. Some of my favorite and most productive fly patterns blur that line between fish and terrestrial.

rich mc

mine came today just in time to take my grandkid bluegill fishing with those small flies nice ties everyone rich mc

HairyMooseKnuckles

I was happy to host Allen. I hope I did ok, it was my first fly swap.

Just a follow up, did everyone receive their fly's?

ACAMS

I got mine too ..... ALL VERY NICE!!!

A couple were tiny .... very tiny, what do you target with something that little?

These East Texas Bluegill will see that as a snack!

AllenOK

ACAMS, I tied the smallest, a size 16 nymph hook. I would have done a bigger bug, on a size 14 or 12 nymph, but I'm running short on those hooks. That, and I have a proclivity to tying small stuff. I like to see just how small I can take a pattern......

Bluegills will readily take that bug, although due to size, you'll get a lot of little ones as well as the bigger 'gills. Trout will take them as well, and often get fussy about size....

ACAMS

LOL .... you tied for the smallest, got two tiny, both excellent and very nice ties!

I am gonna hate using any I got as they are to purdy.

I bet bream will tear them up!!!!

Back