June Fly Swap-----completed----

rich mc

im ready to send mine. actually I will be sending 2 per tyer since there isn't that many mom's mad leech and a ultimate worm rich mc

AllenOK

I've got mine tied, I just need to get off my butt and get them mailed. Working two jobs sucks Vulture Butt.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I've got my pattern down...... just need to finish tying them. Rainy weather for the next few days should get me to finish them.

HairyMooseKnuckles

I've received everyone's fly's. I will mail out Saturday morning. Thanks for trading everyone. We have some great looking flies!

HairyMooseKnuckles

HairyMooseKnuckles said:
All have been mailed. Thanks for trading guys!

When everyone receives their fly's, how about we have a conversation about them? I'll start.

Mine is called Crappie Candy. I was informed about this fly over at a crappie forum by a fellow who goes by forum handle skiptomylu. He fishes over at Toledo Bend. He's always provides me with good how to's and such. This fly was tied using directions from FAOL at the following link.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/fotw2/052801fotw.php

AllenOK

Here's my pattern:

View attachment 3

I found one of Davie McPhail's videos on youtube for an "Edge Bright Nymph". His pattern was black and red, I believe. I changed up the colors to be more natural. I have tested one, and yes, it caught some Bluegill.

Attachments

• 20150706EdgeBrightNymph.JPG
    20150706EdgeBrightNymph.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 30

rich mc

don't have photos but I sent 2 flies, moms mad leech and my ultimate worm fly. both are for bass. main material for the worm is paton bohemian chenille and romance yarn for the leech. leech has a furled tail . rich mc

HairyMooseKnuckles

I can put up photos. I didn't think, I should have done that. Give me a few minutes.

Rich,

Can you explain the leech tail in more detail?

rich mc

sure . I use a gamakatsu glo bug hook size 2 . ex small lead eyes. I cut a 3inch section[ measure by the core]of romance yarn I get all the eylashes facing down and tie on the shank. then I put the core end in a clamp and twist 10 times, stop and fluff up the eyelashes. spin again . about 10 more times and repeat. I continue until I get a bump in the core doubling on itself then I back it up till it goes away. now brush the fibers down with your fingers and put a bodkin or pen at the half way point and fold the top over and tie down on the shank. next take a 2 1/2 inch piece and tie it on toward the bend . hold the strand straight up and keep all the eyelashes on the tail side now take scissors and cut the fibers on an angle I cut them so they are 1 inch at the bottom and 1/2 at the top . then wrap forward and tie off. last step is to lightly comb out some of the trapped eyelashes in the tail. hope that helps rich mc

Back