June Fly Swap-----completed----

HairyMooseKnuckles

This will be a Tyer's choice. Any fly, any color, any size. I think we have about 4 people interested and I will set a limit of 8 people. If just the four of us join, let's do 2 each. If more than 4, we will just Ty 1 each.

Deadline for signup will be 6/12/15. I know a lot of us work, so lets make the end date 7/10/2015. That gives us about a month to Ty and get them sent to me. I will put them in the mail by 7/15/2015.

Ok, I'm going to wrap it up. It looks likes there are 6 of us, so we will Ty 1 fly each.

1. Hairy Moose Knuckles
2. Acams
3. AtticaFish
4. Rich mc
5. AllenOK
6. StumpHunter

AllenOK

Just wait. I got some new fly-tying material the other day. Got a really buggy idea on how to use it!

Hopefully I'll be able to get some field-testing done, since this is a new-to-me-pattern.

Shoot, just had a thought. Are we going to have to send in an extra fly, for Jigcraft.com to use, like we do on jig swaps?

HairyMooseKnuckles

AllenOK said:
Shoot, just had a thought. Are we going to have to send in an extra fly, for Jigcraft.com to use, like we do on jig swaps?

I don't know. This will be my first swap. Who could we ask?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think we need to make an extra for a fly swap. Only 2 spots left to hit the limit. :icon14:

AllenOK

Well, I managed to get 7 flies of a new-to-me pattern tied today. They look awesome! I took one of them out for a quick dip tonight to see if they work. Managed to catch a good-size BG x GS Hybrid sunnie and a little 4" LMB on the nymph. I'd say it passed muster. I ended up loosing that one to a snag. Oh well, need to tie some more anyway, enough for the swap, my fly box, and maybe some extra for "trade goods" :)

HairyMooseKnuckles

AllenOK said:
Well, I managed to get 7 flies of a new-to-me pattern tied today. They look awesome! I took one of them out for a quick dip tonight to see if they work. Managed to catch a good-size BG x GS Hybrid sunnie and a little 4" LMB on the nymph. I'd say it passed muster. I ended up loosing that one to a snag. Oh well, need to tie some more anyway, enough for the swap, my fly box, and maybe some extra for "trade goods" :)

Way to go, Allen. I'm still contemplating what I want to Ty.

ACAMS

I am gonna make a small crappie size fly .... haven't decided on hook size #2 or #4 or #6, but it is gonna be wrapped with lead wire so we can cast with spinning rods.

I guess I need to go ahead and get a fly rod, but if I get carried away like I did my other rods I will be out several hundred dollars for something I will seldom use!

HairyMooseKnuckles

ACAMS said:
I am gonna make a small crappie size fly .... haven't decided on hook size #2 or #4 or #6, but it is gonna be wrapped with lead wire so we can cast with spinning rods.

I guess I need to go ahead and get a fly rod, but if I get carried away like I did my other rods I will be out several hundred dollars for something I will seldom use!

I'd like to have one too, but have other things I need to spend money on first

Back