Jig Swap #17

AndyLane

Bucko said:
tested the jigs I made for the swap for about 30 minutes today. they work!

That is so Awesome! Funny enough I was just sitting here looking at them you tied thinking man I bet these will do good and I logged in and saw this picture. :icon14: Nice fish! Those out of a lake or stream/river?

Bucko

a stream that runs through a park next town over. good fishing there and not many people know about it. had one other one throw the hook on me too. until recently I'd forgotten about that pattern then remembered it with the trout jig swap. that body material rocks! gotta start using that more again I think.

LedHed

Sponsor
My jigs are going out today. Had a major change up , was going to do a boolie tye but don't have the patience. Ended up with the BS chub..

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got mine out in the mail today at lunch. Painting the heads took me longer than tying the jigs. :p For a change i listened to the KISS mantra - only used 3 materials - and they turned out really good.

Maybe these will catch a trout in a 'negative' mood? haha!

View attachment 8

Sorry for the lame humor. Been staring at print graphics all day long and that's all i got. Have to either wait for the 'group pic' to see the true color or if you are really curious, you can simply invert the colors through most any graphic editor. ;) Is it quitin' time yet? Ahhhhh it is.

Attachments

• 100_6564_e.jpg
    100_6564_e.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 64

AndyLane

AtticaFish said:
Got mine out in the mail today at lunch. Painting the heads took me longer than tying the jigs. :p For a change i listened to the KISS mantra - only used 3 materials - and they turned out really good.

Maybe these will catch a trout in a 'negative' mood? haha!

Sorry for the lame humor. Been staring at print graphics all day long and that's all i got. Have to either wait for the 'group pic' to see the true color or if you are really curious, you can simply invert the colors through most any graphic editor. ;) Is it quitin' time yet? Ahhhhh it is.

Sure made me laugh but I've been staring at a computer screen editing Photographs all day so I can relate. :D:icon14: I checked out that picture. The Neon (InYoFace) Blue, pink and white is sweet but I like the "Real" colors. Awesome Jigs Man!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Curiosity got ya! :) What is the main software you use? CorelDraw (X3) is what i use mainly for our vector graphics & print separations but also use PhotoShop (Elements) for any raster photo edits. As many times as i have tried using the fancy vector tracing tools on Corel, still doesn't match doing it by pen & paper.

AndyLane said:
......I've been staring at a computer screen editing Photographs all day......

AndyLane

AtticaFish said:
Curiosity got ya! :) What is the main software you use? CorelDraw (X3) is what i use mainly for our vector graphics & print separations but also use PhotoShop (Elements) for any raster photo edits. As many times as i have tried using the fancy vector tracing tools on Corel, still doesn't match doing it by pen & paper.

AndyLane said:
......I've been staring at a computer screen editing Photographs all day......

We primarily do portraits for families,daycares and high school seniors. I do most of my editing and retouching work using Adobe Raw and Photoshop CS4 (it was new like five minutes ago, theyre up to CS6 now :) ) I'm not too familiar with vector graphic stuff.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Darn tootin'!!! I was on the ball........ sign up said jigs should be in the mail by the 1st and i hit the post office at noon on the 1st. :D Who is the slow one this time? ooooohhhhhhhh yeeeeeaaaahhhhh, not me.

LedHed said:
WHAT - me or Russ weren't last????????

Shoemoo

Went to mail mine Thursday night, but it was after hours and the stoopid postage kiosks were doing some kind of software update. Had to come back Saturday. But they should be on their way by now.

AndyLane

Received jigs from AtticaFish and Fireshadow today. Nice work! I look forward to seeing Shoemoo's. They should be here tomorrow I'd say.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That would have been an interesting race by the pony express if they had all gone out (from TX, ID, OH) on the same day - to see if they all would show up (in MO) on the same day. :trollin:

Shoemoo said:
....Went to mail mine Thursday night, but it was after hours and the stoopid postage kiosks were doing some kind of software update....

Interested to see what everyone came up with.

AndyLane

I have received everyone's jigs. I'm going to try to get them sorted out and photographed tonight. I'll post the pics And send them all out to there new homes as soon as I can.

Back