BOOLIE JIG SF VERSION

jiggerjohn

Nice photo Hawnjigs! What, twice normal size? A few notes on the pattern -the CONE, I maintain , is important because it slides back to fit over and hide my cruddy threadwork, and gives the 1/4 inch gap which is necessary for free spinning and,especially, to allow room to dig out ANY weed or moss (check every cast!) with a thumbnail.But the biggest advantage,despite everyone saying I'm crazy (they might be right!), is that I believe the cone acts like an old fashioned megaphone and broadcasts the scraping , fast moving propeller for much more sound !! Also on the bottom at the hook bend notice the "pinch" of mink for a belly ; this past week I've used a rich red mink color (old mink stole) for this belly, and found that big carp have been going crazy on these models! That means 45 minute battles with 5# mono, and sometimes a destroyed Boolie!! With that l'il fluff belly, I can tie my SF Blend even thinner!! Think I'm gonna try a pinch of fox squirrel tail this coming week to get a natural orange shade to go along better with my favorite "redfish" blend tail! Up on Lake Erie this weekend, because the bass,drum, and crappies are giving me a rest from the big back home boolie slurping carp!

Back