1st Swap on this Site

CK3

OK gang, only four more days to sign up for the First Official Jig Swap
on JigCraft!!!! Don't wait if ya want to be part of history. We have some of the best jig tiers in the country already signed up. You don't want to miss out on their entries to the swap. Criteria very simple, must have eyes, either painted, 3D. or stick on and something other than a round or ball head. Also because we hit my quota, you all will
receive a small gift along with your jigs. Gift has been determined and
you're gonna like it! Invite you friends and fellow tiers to first register
on JigCraft, then sign up for the swap. So far all entries have been in jig swaps before and know the rules. If I see an unfamiliar name I will
post a sticky about how the swap works or if you have any questions
please post or PM me and I will be happy to answer them.
So, everyone enjoy and get out the hair, feathers and fur and lets see
what we come up with;)

crappiecripplerjigs

Dang, I thought mine were pretty cool until I saw Jubs! Now I'm sad. That's a great looking jig man! Someone (Jubs, JJ, CAT, anybody) needs to post a little video on how to paint them heads up fancy like that.

Jubs

Thank you I am glad you like it, no need to be sad doesn't matter what they look like as long as they catch fish! As for painting it I use a heat gun to paint all my jigs I don't batch heat ( I don't know why, just don't and my toaster oven isn't in my tying area either). I used a fluid bed for the white under coat then a cheap hobby paint brush and loaded it (dipped the tip of the brush into the paint) with the "frog green" and tapped it over the top of the jig hit it with the heat till it smooths and then flip the jig over and do it on the other side, double check the top to make sure it got covered then heat the paint till smooth and dipped it into the top coat, cool it and I throw them into a clamp I made to hold them head up in the oven in case of any runs during curing and that's all there is to it. I have to admit I spent more time painting the heads than tying them.

papaperch

Liked the style and tie so much of my design I whipped up a bunch of extras. Have not fished one yet but iffen I know what I think I know. Then I would say they going to be pretty good slabber grabbers. Iffen they ain't good then I don't know squat.
Which of course is entirely possible.

I guess I could post a pic later but all of you might like suspense.

snake River

CK3 said:
Great looking tie Bob!! You sure are a whiz
with the paint!!

I do enjoy painting especially with this power paint they look a lot better if you have them in your hand that picture does not do it justice. Thank you for the compliment.

CK3

Last call folks!!! Only one more day to sign up for JigCraft's First Jig
Swap! April 15 is the last day to sign up( a lot better than last day to pay income taxes!!). We have some really great jig tiers already signed
up, so you don't want to miss this one!!! Any level of tier welcome(that's how ya learn people!) It's been fun hosting this swap and I look forward to many and more technical swaps in the coming months.
Also anyone that would like to host a swap please PM me and I'll set
up some kind of schedule we can follow. Remember if you're the swapmeister you can set any criteria you like.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Ok OK I cant hold out any longer! I been swamped and didnt know if I would have time to put a jig worthy of this swap. But what the heck.. Sleeps overrated, right! And you know I cant miss the very FIRST swap on this great site! Thanks again AF and LH for making it happen. And thanks CK3 for hosting the swap!

CK3

Great to have you in the swap RonDon!!
Yes, sleep is overated especially when it comes to anything
fishing!! When you retire then you can take naps whenever
you want and catch up!

snake River

Ron Don said:
Ok OK I cant hold out any longer! I been swamped and didnt know if I would have time to put a jig worthy of this swap. But what the heck.. Sleeps overrated, right! And you know I cant miss the very FIRST swap on this great site! Thanks again AF and LH for making it happen. And thanks CK3 for hosting the swap!

welcome aboard ron don glad to see you in this swap.

JUNGLEJIM1

I tied up a dozen last Sunday,hope it's enough. I tied three swaps in one day.Two on cc and this one. Havn't tied a jig since,probably do some tommorrow and post my jig for this one.

CK3

So far we have 13 tiers aboard. There is still one more
day to sign up yet. I'll post the final list of tiers Friday morning.
We've got some of the best tiers in the country in this one!!!!
Expect to see some great ties plus a pretty good incentive
just for joining in the JigCraft First Official Jig Swap!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks everyone for signing up and getting the jig swaps off to a good
start on our new website! And a big Thanks to Ledhed and Atticafish
for devoting tons of their time and $$$$ to start this site. I see this website growing into the GO TO site for jig tying and all related issues!

papaperch

sunny.jpg

My tie for the swap. Green chart duck for back , white duck for belly , 1/46 oz minnow heads 3-d eyes. faded orange strands od kyrstal flash. Named it " sunnie " should be a good bait when the YOY bluegill fry appear. Got the idea when cleaning crappies that were stuffed full of little sunfish.

Back