1st Swap on this Site

CK3

Doc Crappie said:
Boy slap me silly I was beginning to wonder when these had to be done, now I see they are due on my Bday what a surprise.... Do they really have to have eye's?

My only answer is "Do I really have to use DUCK feathers in your swap"??
Ha, ha. Doc, anyone that can tie an 1/100 oz spider like you do, can
surely put eyes on a jig!! When I first saw your spider, I thought "wow
I didn't realize they made jigs that small"!!! You'll have something to look forward to on your birthday.....you'll be DONE with the jigs!!!!
I have complete faith in you Doc and know you'll come up with something!! Looks like we both took on a challenge this time!!

crappiecripplerjigs

Doc I like the idea you have. Maybe a Stevie Wonder jig. Call it Superstitious!! I am gonna do a walleye head jig with hackle tail I suppose. I really like this new mold but tough to tie since it has a barb and collar but they look okay. I did pinch the collars off a few and attempted to make my own mold with plaster, but I dropped it.

CK3

You're in Ledhead! Wow! The "big guns" have come out in force!!
We're gonna see some really neat jigs folks, no doubt about it!

JJJ- I agree with you, that's a great percentage of members! I'm very happy with the turnout so far. I hope that will be a trend on this site
and can't wait to see what others ask for in their swaps.

Haven't come up with the prize yet, but I'm working on it... want something everyone can use. I don't mind at all coming up with an incentive if it promotes interest and hopefully some new members!

How about a big hand for Ledhed and Atticafish? These guys are working hard at making this the best ever site for us!!!!!!!
WTG guys!!!!

CK3

Revised tiers list for Official JigCraft Swap #1

1. CK3
2. PapaPerch
3. JungleJim1
4. DocCrappie
5. JigginJoe
6. Jubs
7. Crappiecripplerjigs
8. SnakeRiver
9. Crazy Angler (aka Flatfish)
10. Ledhed

Still have a week for signing up. Come on in everyone, lets
see what you got!!!

Jubs

Great list of people tying for this one! I have the heads painted up and eyed up and sealed, just need to get the rest of my homework done and some free time to get them tied up.

Jubs

Just tell everyone they are blind cave fish "minnows" and that they naturally don't develop eyes! ;) We'll get you on the eye wagon soon enough and I don't normally use eyes on my jigs if they don't have recessed sockets.In the past I have done it a few minnow head one but round heads I don't bother. Wet paint and I don't get along and I don't care for the look I accomplish with 3-D eyes on round heads.

CK3

I hate to tell you this guys, but my jigs are done unless more sign up!
I try to have them done by end of sign up period. That way if I get in more than one swap I'm ahead of the game!
I'm even done with my duck jigs on Doc's CDC swap!!!!!! I learned a little trick with dem duck fedders that made my life a lot easier!
Ya gotta remember though, I'm retired so all I have to do every day
is take my meds, take several naps, feed the dog, browse the computer,
and tie jigs!!! Pretty good life and the pay(SS) is not too bad either!
I earned it!!! Most of my life I worked 70-80 hour weeks and not many
vacations.

Jiggin Joe

I have my heads done for up to 12 now I can get started on the fun part. I wish I did feathers I think they would be killer on this jig I'm doing but since I havent ever done anything with feathers and dont have any feathers Marabou or kip will have to work.

JJ

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, what the heck... throw me in as well... maybe i can get them done on my lunch breaks before the river goes down and i start fishin' on break time. I'll have to go back & check what the due date is, but fig 12 or so shouldn't take too long.

CK3

Great to have ya in the swap Attica!! I know you are busy for sure
and we're glad to have you in! You've got plenty of time to "Git R Dun"
Fishing just getting started here, gonna go out next week for Crappie.

CK3

Jiggin Joe said:
I have my heads done for up to 12 now I can get started on the fun part. I wish I did feathers I think they would be killer on this jig I'm doing but since I havent ever done anything with feathers and dont have any feathers Marabou or kip will have to work.

JJ

What color feathers ya need Joe? I've always got some extra if ya wanna give em a shot. You're not that far away, you could have em in a couple days. Shoot me a PM if ya want them.

Jiggin Joe

Thanks CK3 I''m such a newb when it comes to feathers so not even sure what kind people are actually using in the jigs Ive seen. (thats why I like the reciepe thread). but for the jig I'm making a army green or teal would be perfect.

JJ

Jubs

I have mine finished up with room for a few more people.

Shad head
White and a green I mixed up I call Frog green and baitfish top coat gold 3mm 3-D eyes.
Caddis green marabou on the top, then damsel green marabou in the center, 5 strands of CCT flash I think its olive, and white on the bottom marabou.

4509672019_fe370149e9.jpg

4509670743_38baaf27bc.jpg

4509669431_e47836a469.jpg

CK3

That's a good lookin jig Jubs, that will get em for sure.
I like that crazyhead shad too. Paint really stands out with it.

Back