What are you tying today?

Bucho

That sculpin sure has mine! Never dealt with deer hair bodies but they certainly have their avatages in keeping their profile in streaming water. Been working on a simple, economic pattern for commercial use yesterday, with softer rabbit hair and just a few tying steps (body, pectorials, Back/tail, dubbing loop collar). It looked good in the tank but I´m not sure how it would perform in a stream.

17430082jw.jpg

QPassage

I been messing with some new spinner bait ideas all week. I finally think I might be onto something.
temporary-133.jpg
They are not much fun to tie however.

QPassage

Been catching up on tying today and yesterday.
temporary-136.jpg
right now I'm tying these.
temporary-137.jpg
Soon I'll be able to start making trout spinners, the season is upon me.

toadfrog

I see your using folded clevises on your spinners . Wise move. You won't have near the spin problems with those . Overall on all the lures . Very well done .

Kdog

An old mentor dropped by this AM to pick up his standing order of 3 dozen Jigs Red, White and Black! He was looking at my tied jigs and asked if I could make some saugeye Jigs. I showed him what I have and he came up with color combos that he thinks is gonna work as soon as the ice is off the spillway. Bud is in his mid 80's and I wish I had his energy. Told me its been 20 years since he has not been fishing on the first of March. Said he usually starts around the First of February and really wants to go fishing.

Let me know what y'all think. I have never tried tied jigs for saugeye.
View attachment 5View attachment 6View attachment 7View attachment 8View attachment 9

And here is a pattern he suggested for crappie in the gravel pit below the spillway.

View attachment 1

Back