What are you tying today?

QPassage

Post'em friends I want to see what you are tying.

My tie of the morning is.
Neon Green Marabou, a little daub of burn orange feather, hint of green flash, multi color chenille, tied on a pink granite 1/32 oz minnow jig head #4 Aberdeen hook, tipped in pearl pepper powder with green 3d eyes.

temporary-126.jpg

plateboater

Nice looking jig.....what is the color of the head (custom blend??) Is the light black fleck on the chin area custom or just the spread of dipping?

Leaving for the day on "honey do" list. Did place a decent order for Barlows last night to bring a few new ideas!

QPassage

1/64 Candy Lime Head, Olive Marabou, Neon Green Feather, Neon Yellow chenille, Belly Barred Blood Marabou just a slight tip, Grizzly Yellow Hackle Collar.

temporary-127.jpg

I've tied a few of these where I just slightly tip over the body before putting the hackle on. Not sure if this process is called something I've been been playing with it and it sure looks like it will catch fish. Below is another 1/64 I did a couple weeks ago.

GlowBug4.jpg

Any one else doing this?

Pepop

I know what it's called, FANTASTIC!!! Both of those are FINE!! Great colors & if the fish aren't completely blind, those'll get bit! Well done!

SlabHappy

I guess I need to get around and do some tying. Been busy with my other new hobby. Hear is what I have drying today:
DSC03954_zps4345568e.jpg

DSC03955_zps3777369a.jpg

DSC03956_zps75682bb1.jpg

DSC03957_zpse57d4750.jpg

DSC03958_zpsa3b15564.jpg

DSC03960_zpsee75a085.jpg

DSC03961_zps404651e3.jpg

QPassage

plateboater said:
Nice looking jig.....what is the color of the head (custom blend??) Is the light black fleck on the chin area custom or just the spread of dipping?

Leaving for the day on "honey do" list. Did place a decent order for Barlows last night to bring a few new ideas!

Yes that is a custom blend, actually a major formula to get that Pink Granite look, 7-8 different paints and 4or5 different glitters. The white is a color I bought on ebay called Salt and Pepper. I basically think it is pearl white cut with clear and has black and gray glitter added to it. I really like the pink Granite.

Kdog

Jungleboy, those look great. And your vise looks like a very functional tool that performs the primary task... holds the hook so you can tie. PLus is looks like you have the ability to rotate if you desire. I like the nut welded to a rod, welded to a plate.

Len

As the Ice Season here in Northern Indiana is winding down I thought I would put these together to try this weekend...5/32 Tungsten Bead Head with #10 Scud hook...Jigs064_zpsd5109567.jpg

QPassage

Nice ice jigs Len. I was born and raised up near Muncie.
Last one of the day for me.
I really like the translucent eyes. Anyone else using them?
temporary-131.jpg

hookup

I'm not tying.

Yet.

But have been pouring all weekend. This weekend, poured 1/16 to 1/4 oz SWM jigs, Tube jigs, Shake-It head jigs, Roundball jigs, and Football jigs. Now I'm trimming the sprues, painting & curing.

Untitled-1.jpg

IMGP0570.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

Once I'm done with that, will be tying bucktail & silicon hair 1/4 oz jigs for a charity membership drive. I usually tie a few at night after dinner to keep me out of the wife's hair.

IMGP0534.jpg

IMGP0051.jpg

Also, kegged the 5 gallon carboy of home brew on the right. The pepsi-style keg on the left is serving my version of a Czeck Pilzner.

IMGP0615.jpg

Bucho

finally got my ultra minnow mold so today after I finished my orders I could start tying on yesterday´s casts. These are the first ties on which I use fox for more than just the tail, gonna need some more calibrating practice before I can make that a product. I´m seriously considering going all-leadfree on the smaller jigs, its so much more economic to go without a pearl base coat and it looks even better.

Have fun with that homebrew over there! :cheers:

17397390sv.jpg

17397393oa.jpg

Back