Weedless Darter jig mold

JUNGLEJIM1

I recently got this mold for soft plastics but I took one look and knew it would take a 90 degree hook so poured some of those as well. Tied some 1/8 on a #1 Mustad Ultrapoint hook. Shad and bluegill pattern for starters. Like getting two molds for the price of one.

Attachments

• IMG_4464.JPG
    IMG_4464.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4479.JPG
    IMG_4479.JPG
    563.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4480.JPG
    IMG_4480.JPG
    533.6 KB · Views: 12

JUNGLEJIM1

The Victory hooks work ok on the panfish side of things but for bigger fish like bass and hybrid stripers I have more confidence in Gamakatsu, Owner and Mustads. Still afraid to use the more expensive Victory hooks after breaking several at the hook eye. May have been a bad batch but I won't be buying more. With the big three I know what I'm getting.

hookup

Good call on the hooks Jim - my experiences too with other brands. I'm sticking with the tried and true.

I've been trying to get a Hilts mold off a buddy similar to the darter head molds. So far he says he wants to sell but hasn't moved on it yet.

That mold would work for a safety pin spinner (beetle spin) lure too. May have to mod the mold a bit? Perch and panfish in the mid-atlantic waters love them

RockGeo

Jungle Jim, what is the material that you used to tie the middle pictured jigs? They look like a crayfish or possibly a bluegill. They are great ties! A true thing of beauty. Thanks for sharing them.

RockGeo

Thanks for the info on the tie. I now understand the unique color of the hackles. I recently acquired some bear hair and I love the action it has. I'm sure your jigs really have a nice quiver action to them.

Back