Veined Powder Bass Jigs

JSC

Lookin Good Ted & Pup

Ted I really prefer wire over thread for Silicone or Rubber Skirts ... I just like the flair that you can get .. course to me it is a lot faster ... I have found that the safety wire twister helps make a better & faster job.

cadman

JSC said:
Lookin Good Ted & Pup

Ted I really prefer wire over thread for Silicone or Rubber Skirts ... I just like the flair that you can get .. course to me it is a lot faster ... I have found that the safety wire twister helps make a better & faster job.

JSC,
I'm getting to like the wire over the thread as well. Where did you get your safety wire twister, and what model number. Thanks for any help.

JSC

Ted
I use the "Harbour Freight" 6" Safety Wire Twister Item #45340.
I use Galvanized wire 24 Gauge .. in 100' lengths that I got from living rubber.

cadman

JSC said:
Ted
I use the "Harbour Freight" 6" Safety Wire Twister Item #45340.
I use Galvanized wire 24 Gauge .. in 100' lengths that I got from living rubber.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

JSC

Fatman said:
That is one weird tool, but how are you using it to wrap the jig skirts on??

You wrap the wire around the skirt .. take the 2 ends and twist together . this is where the safety wire tool comes in to get a good tight - neat twist and it is faster.

JUNGLEJIM1

www.fishingskirts.com sells the two part powder paint.I've been using several of their colors and found that most candy colors over the top of their foundation turns out great. Candy yellow over their silver foundation is one of my favorites. I like your one part colors as well,especially the white.

JUNGLEJIM1

Doc,I've been using the illusion paints a lot the last couple of weeks on Bass jigs. Based on what I've experienced I wouldn't paint anything under 1/16 with it. The bigger football jigs I've been painting look great and ballheads 1/16 and larger turn out pretty good.If I get a chance I'll get some pics up in a day or two.

Back