USPS!!!!!!!!

Fatman

This is probably the biggest joke I've ever seen with the Postal Service,

I did my order with Capt Hooks Wed. 13 Feb, to be shipped by Priority Mail and they sent them out the same day I ordered them. Should have had them Tues 19 Feb at the latest. I sent an email on Tuesday 19th to ask when I should get them and he gave me the tracking number and man what a joke: Here's the log, read from the bottom up:

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
February 19, 2013, 8:42 pm
HAZELWOOD, MO 63042
USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation™

February 17, 2013, 11:01 pm
COLUMBIA, MO 65299

February 16, 2013, 10:38 pm
KANSAS CITY, KS 66106

February 16, 2013, 2:28 am
HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

Depart USPS Sort Facility
February 15, 2013
COLUMBIA, MO 65299

February 15, 2013, 2:00 am
COLUMBIA, MO 65299

February 14, 2013, 8:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, KS 66106

February 14, 2013, 4:10 pm
KANSAS CITY, KS 66106

February 14, 2013
HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

February 14, 2013, 1:46 am
HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

Called the National USPS number this morning and they filed a case on it. As much as I HATE UPS I may just choose them next time.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Ha your griping and it's only been a week! Took me 13 months to get a package. That being said I still prefer to use USPS.

Jig Man

I take shipments however they are delivered. And I do use USPS for convenience for where I live, BUT IMHO, Fed-X runs circles around em....

smalljaw

Everytime I order from Captain hooks I get it in 3 days tops but I'm now worried as I placed an order on Tuesday, 1000 4/0 spinnerbait hooks, 1000 2/0 flat eye jig hooks, 1000 3/0 flat eye jig hooks, 1000 size #1 jig hooks. I may end up waiting but I hope not.

Fatman

Well I hate to say this but it may be Capt Hooks giving the wrong tracking number!!! I filed an inquiry this morning with the USPS and why the package was bopping around to all those sort facilities. My local Post Office just called me and the Tracking number that Capt Hooks gave me can't be mine. That number is for LA, California 90066 for 2374 parcels!!!!!!!!

Absolutely nothing about coming to my home town. Just sent off an email to the Capt to re-check his records!!!!!!!!!!!

That is nothing new it is becoming very common for packages to be held without you knowing it by the postal service, meaning either show the revolving door effect going through the same sort facility day after day, or just disappearing after it leaves a sort facility. BUt if you think about it what do you expect when they are trying to cut cost and get out of the red. By holding the packages they are able to consolidate a larger number of packages going to one region saving them money. It will get worse before it gets better since they are cutting home delivery on saturdays starting in august of this year, unless you are a business address.

But it is strange when you follow your tracking and it all of a sudden disappears and you call the customer support number and make an inquiry about the tracking number it some how reappears and is either delivered the following day or the day after.

So the solution is either order larger quantities so you order less frequently, or order way ahead of time before you need something so those few extra additional days dont really matter. Or of course you could just whine and complain and vent and talk crap until you are blue in the face but that wont get your package to you any faster. But it may bring a chuckle to someone else.... :)

ragged edge

Been experiencing the same thing myself here lately ordering parts to restore my bass boat. Ordered a part from Californa and it traveled to Missouri then Dallas and Denver before it got to me.......sigh.......But the thing that got me was that the part got here on time!

smalljaw

The post office for the most part is preety efficient, I've sent more items and had less problem with them than UPS and FEDEX put together. Both of them have lost shipments on me that never were found and I had to wait 9 months for a refund with FED-EX and UPS, the last time I used them they lost a package I sent shipped and insured but they did find it a week later delieverd to the wrong address in the wrong state.... The reason the post office is losing money is due to an insane policy that was put in place in 2006, it requires the post office to use the first 20% of revenue to fund pensions of future employees and the next 20% to fund medical benefits, if any other private company was forced to do that they would be bankrupt too. I stay out of politics but these policies were put in place to force the post office to go into the red so private business would take over, the reason it hasn't happened is because the way the law was written and private business would be forced to do the same funding of pensions even if they didn't have one and it is impossible to do and turn a profit.

smalljaw

Fatman, I taslked to a friend on the phone last night and I mentioned what happened with your hooks and I said I was worried about my order and my friend told me that Captain Hooks probably gave you a wrong tracking number because they never sent your order out. I couldn't believe what I was hearing but he told me it happened to him too and when he got his order he noticed the date it was shipped was a week difference so he emailed and really complained and Captain Hooks refunded his shipping cost. I was going to give you the update when I saw you already found out it was the wrong number so look for it to show up in the next day or two, maybe today and check the date of shipping, as what happened to my friend, they totally forgot to print a label so he caught them, good luck on your order, I'll let you know if mine comes in, but I can't get my shipping back as my order was free shipping because it was over $200.

Fatman

Yeah I kept emailing the guy back and forth from work today and he came out and said are you sure you didn't put the wrong number!! I sent back the reply I copied the number right from your email and the last line that you copied from the tracking report is the exact same line from the entire tracking report so where the hell is my package???!!! He sends me this

Result 9405 5112 0128 8828 0879 42 Priority Mail Processed through USPS Sort Facility February 22, 2013, 4:03 pm
NASHUA, NH 03063 USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation

But yeah I'll be checking dates against the emails he's sent me and the pay pal invoice!!! Either him or the PO is paying me back!!!!

Yeah I wanna see the receipt from the post office for that will never happen .... LOL

Doc Crappie is alive and doing well...

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Fatman said:
...Either him or the PO is paying me back!!!!

Over an order being 2 days late? You need to go fishing.... write it off as cabin fever and relax. If you don't, they will spit in your burger next time.

Fatman

Sorry but I consider it more than 2 days late - shipped the 14th and Priority Mail 4 days tops, but they just showed up this morning. Why they bopped around between all the shipping facilities is what bothers me and I have filed a claim for refund of shipping.

smalljaw

Well, my order was placed Tuesday the 19th at around 1:00pm and now it is Saturday and the mail came with no sign of my hooks, this is the first time I've waited more than 3 days for hooks. I'm beginning to wonder if they are running low on inventory and waiting for shipments and if that is the case tell me before I pay for the stuff. I can't claim shipping as my order was free shipping but still it should have been here by now.

Back