Upgrade Coming

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to give warning.......... i am going to attempt to upgrade the forum software either Friday or Saturday.  There were a couple of minor software components and plugins that were no longer working, but now it looks like the main new member registration (recaptcha) is no longer working.  Need to fix that.  Hopefully it will go smoothly.  Just wanted to give a heads up! -: Russ

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it seems to have upgraded. Can't really tell any difference so far and it doesn't look like it fixed the new registration issue. Guess i'll have to dig a little deeper.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, fixed that. Easy enough. Feel like i am on a roll. Will dig around a few more minutes in the ACP to see if i can find any new/useful upgrades.

Pup

Forum is very fast and seems very stable.  Though, when I attempted to login, the login box appeared at the lower left margin of my web browser and partially off screen.  I have autocomplete turned on so my browser accommodates this.  If I had to type to login, it might have been difficult for me.

Ggm8f5j.png

Hope to have time available to post more ties very soon.  Great job, per usual, AF.  :cool:

FYI Edit:  Cannot find link(s) to 'Mark All Forums Read'.  No big deal though.  :)

Found them! :)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Pup - I did notice how the login window that opens jumps all the way to the bottom of the screen. I was able to see it fully on my screen, but hopefully it doesn't go off screen on too many other people. Not sure how to remedy that yet. I actually never log out from JigCraft so whenever i come back i don't have to log back in.

I did make one other somewhat significant change to how attachments work and are stored here on the site. Trial run, will see how it goes. I bumped the size of files allowed up to 4MB so that should allow some people to upload pictures as attachments right from their phone..... as long as they have their phone set to a lower quality size setting. If you keep your phone at the highest resolution picture size, the file sizes may still be too large. I also changed it so all picture will now post on the forum at the pixel dimension of 480x640. If the picture is bigger than 480x640, it will still post, but now it will let you click on the picture if you want to view it at the full size it was posted. It is essentially posting all pictures as a 480x640 thumbnail that you can click to view at full size. Hopefully this will help for those times when pictures get posted that are large and run off the side of the screen. As i said, it is a trial run so if anyone has feedback on how it works, would love to hear it.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 1

Testing it out. This is uploaded right from my phone with a picture from a couple weeks ago. Did not edit the picture at all   Should be able to click it and it will show at full size in a new window.

Attachments

• 20180328_221413.jpg
    20180328_221413.jpg
    891 KB · Views: 11

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it worked. Picture is sideways for me in the post, but goes right side up when i click it.

Not even sure how many people still view the forum on an actual computer monitor vs. a mobile device.

Pup

AtticaFish said:
Pup - I did notice how the login window that opens jumps all the way to the bottom of the screen.  I was able to see it fully on my screen, but hopefully it doesn't go off screen on too many other people.  Not sure how to remedy that yet.  I actually never log out from JigCraft so whenever i come back i don't have to log back in.

AF,

Something that might have had me concerned would be an event that would cause a clearing of cookies, like a major Firefox crash.  Or, a change to a different web browser (Edge or Chrome) where JigCraft's cookies haven't been established on my PC.  In either situation, my password needs to be resubmitted to enter the site while my password manager is updating itself.  Fortunately, you've maintained a portal page where login information can be easily entered, regardless.  I revisited the portal page after making my post. :)

Radtexan

Looks great russ..I do have the login issue Pup described..Couldnt move the box,and could only see top line..used tab feature to get to password,and finally got logged in...Thanks

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nicest thing so far about the update is that the spam sign-ups have all but been completely blocked. I've only had to delete 1 since the update.

duffy

AtticaFish said:
Nicest thing so far about the update is that the spam sign-ups have all but been completely blocked. I've only had to delete 1 since the update.
WHAT??? But how on earth are you going to find that perfect Swiss Army Knife?????? LOL

Back