Trout Jig Help

Hawnjigs

KISS
Yup, good read, but...
1. I thought moving downstream rather than up is more likely to spook fish?
2. Those tiny jigs look undersize for handling on recommended 6# gear.
3. Dunno, but if I bounce bottom in trout streams, I get snagged up an awful lot.

smallmouth

Flyrod works best for presenting small jigs. Most guys won't use it because they don't see jigs as flyrod lures. IMHO there is no better flyrod lure for subsurface presentations. Having said that if you want to fish with an indicator the system can easily be duplicated with a spinning rod and a steelhead type float.

Trout will also hit any of the nice little crappy jigs that you guys tie. No real need to match the hatch all the time.

God Bless,
Don

toadfrog

I sure need to post pics of some of the stuff you guys helped me get made . Hope to do that by Monday noonish . Got a deer so I'm stuck butchering and tanning . Brought it down with a dodge no scope of noth'in . Momma told that lil spike not to play in the road.

Fatman

Well repairing the car ain't cheap but you got a bunch of venison, a nice fresh skin when it's finished and lots of trading material.

toadfrog

Here you go Guys . I Don't post pics often . Just run my mouth . So I thought it was time to put up or shut up . A lot of the lures were made with trade stuff from you'all .View attachment 7View attachment 8

Attachments

• joe\'s samples.jpg
    joe\'s samples.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 46
  • spinners 11-31 002.jpg
    spinners 11-31 002.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 45

Hawnjigs

KISS
"Flyrod works best for presenting small jigs. Most guys won't use it because they don't see jigs as flyrod lures. IMHO there is no better flyrod lure for subsurface presentations. Having said that if you want to fish with an indicator the system can easily be duplicated with a spinning rod and a steelhead type float."

I've always suspected that the hook point upright balance of a jig fly may be superior to a shank weighted or online split shot fly. And I've seen flyguys successfully use bubble indicator rigs that looked like they could crossover into spinning applications. Thanks for confirming, Don!

Back