Tie-in tonight?

Radtexan

Dont know how a standard hook found its way into my painted heads..... and not true white,but it is my favorite light color chenille !!

Attachments

• Tiein2-8 014.jpg
    Tiein2-8 014.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 53

quivira kid

What color chenille is that? I like it!
I don't generally fish many light-colored patterns because most places around here are so dang muddy. Our favorite combo is red/black/chartreuse... it seems to be the "money combo" for crappie, sand bass, and walleyes. I tied up a pair real quick. One chart/white/chart and one chart/minnow/chart. I reaaally like CA's "minner" color! It's got a black flake and pearl flake in it and really shines in the water.

Radtexan

Its one of CA's..."baitfish"... Ive got his minnow,the gray jig i just tied was it ..If you like the gray's try some of his gray pearl...two of mine tonight used that..

Enjoyed it Zac,Im gonna finish up that darn Tiger jig,we HAD to tie for the swap here :p

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
quivira kid said:
How about something natural? Something in gray, brown, olive, or black.

Oh sure.... you go natural after i bow out!!!! :p I end up throwing ALOT of grays, silvers, whites for the crappie in my area - lots of clear waters. But after playing with some blue/chart (my jig from a CDC swap) awhile back and getting some fish, it has me re-thinking my options. Brown-olive-black cry smallmouth in any water clarity!

I just had to go back and try that ribbed chart one more time. I switched up to a little smaller head and downsized to ultra chenille. Still not 100% satisfied - made the body section too long for my liking - but got the wire to show much better...
101_2489_e.jpg

Back