Tie in ...Sunday 12-18.... 8:00

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Black & gray are 2 colors i am usually never out of and always close at hand.... in several different materials. :)

Attachments

• 100_4175_e.jpg
    100_4175_e.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 82

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
"How did you make that mushroom Russ ?"
Thought i mentioned somewhere on here - can't think at the moment if i did or not. :blush: Filed down a regular 1/8 round head.

"I've been noticing a lot of sickle hooks in these,I wonder why."
Won't see too many from me, i have a few but still only like them for certain fishing. If i'm around alot of snags - NO sickles - end up breaking hooks instead of bending them to get them back.

Shoemoo

I use sickle hooks for crappie. They usually get the fish in the hard palate on the roof of the mouth, instead of that paper tin membrane. Makes them less likely to come off the hook. For other fish I use different hooks.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Had to open my big mouth about white material...... had he!! of a time finding a decent white bucktail. Got 2 new ones recently from a friend that i boned & dried myself and they have to be the most kinked hairs i have ever seen! ughh.

View attachment 2

Attachments

• 100_4180_e.jpg
    100_4180_e.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 64

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
JUNGLEJIM1 said:
There is a do it mold for the mushroom head I think. Tie ins are a good way to run up your posts.

Never seen shroom heads other than Gopher Tackle and they seem to be protective of the name. lol You might be thinking of the Do-it Grub Head... it is about the closest thing there is but in larger sizes. Some one on here needs to come up with a mold for them in 1/32 & 1/16 sizes - just make sure NOT to call them shrooms. ;)

Shoemoo

Hah. You sure your friend didn't shoot a cow by mistake? That hair looks almost as crinkly as calf tail.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Shoemoo said:
Like the two tone head on that mushroom head. What color combination is that?

Thanks! The head is painted black on top and a candy mixed flame red on bottom. 10:1 /// clear:flame red. Left a little gap between the colors and let the lead show through. Whole thing was tapped with a clear/silver glitter after the colors.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Do-it has a worm nose jig that looks like a mushroom head in sizes 3/32 to 5/16,with a collar.

Bingo - that is the name! Not sure where i got grub head from.....?

Back