The Auto

quivira kid

Here is a pic of mine, posted before but figured I would add it here. Shows off a few with the football heads. I used a different material for a couple of the tails instead of flash.... had to try it out.

903290_826723019053_941771288_o.jpg

DrCrappie

I gotta try to make some of these...I think the bream would really nail them! Maybe tonight I can try to get some tied up!

Hawnjigs

KISS
Wow, you guys, those are impressive ! Don't suppose they cast too well into the wind...then again all those appendages must slow the fall nicely.

Lost Pole

Ron Don said:
Awesome lil tie that you have come up with. You make It look simple enough too. And unfortunately Im sure somewhere out there someone will sell them!

Undoubtedly.

Really sweet, Sonny. I'm not even Gon attempt it. I Cldnt catch a big gill if I tried. The legs and arms must be perty stout to stand the way they do. I was thinking the strands were of the ol jig n pig variation.
I'll just add it to the list of Gon To's.
Mighty nice to share you're secret guns.

redear

hope to tie a few of these when I get home from work this morning. thinking about a couple 1/16 on a size 6 sickle for deeper shellcrackers. I could see a peice of worm on one of these too.

Bucko

damn.... Not what I was hoping to hear. hey lead if you know who made that could you either post back here or pm me please? or at least I'd buy some from you if you'd be willing to pour some extras.

LedHed

Sponsor
This mold is a Do-it 101 1/32nd. It was modified by Robert at Crazy Angler when he did mold work. You can probably do one yourself with a drill press and a tapered cutting bit.

Hj - the super deal I got was a Collins football with 500 BLNs, and I don't bass fish. Jungle poured some of them.

Hawnjigs

KISS
OK, corrected. I thought the 1/32 footballs pics looked heavier than stated. Man, that mold is golden!

Actually, I think the Do-it 1/16 football head with collar trimmed off would be about the same size. Might need a mod for small hooks tho, and the head might be a bit loose on the hook after a trim.

redear

I tied a half dozen for a buddy that is going on a float down the shanendoah river here in Va. only I tied them on a fly hook and a black brass bead, they looked great that way, still using my old centepede legs which are probably silicone, not sure. also tied him up some clouser flies for the smallmouths.

PanfishHunter

LedHed those are superb! Do you know where i could get any of that reptilian rubber? Those do look good enough to sell, but if i were to sell them, i would get permission and credit you, as well as give you a cut, haha... of course, i wont be tying anything anytime soon. but once again fantastic!!

LedHed

Sponsor
WTG Baxter - great lookin tye & catch!

Welcome PH to JC from SoCal. The reptile rubber comes from lure parts on line (formerly Stamina). Can't lay claim to anything thrown out on the internet - if you can make money selling the jig - go for it. Thnx for the interest

quivira kid

Sonny, we had a big family get-together and one of my distant cousins is a big bass fisherman. He snatched up a bunch of the Autos I had tied for yellow perch. He said they were going to hammer the crap out of them. If he sends me pics, I will forward them on.

Back