Custom chatterbaits

JUNGLEJIM1

I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I would show some of my chatterbaits since some recent posts had them up. I modified my 3/8 Poison tail mold to take a flat eye hook specifically for this type of bait. Tails are a new material by Wapsi called Awesome Possum zonkers that I special order through one of the fly shops here. Been using it for a couple years now and love it. I mix it up a bit tying in silicone rubber strands, flash and rattles in the tail so these baits are extra noisy. Crosscut rabbit is my go to body material and blades are hand painted as well.     View attachment 8View attachment 9View attachment 1View attachment 2

Attachments

• IMG_1350.JPG
    IMG_1350.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1324.JPG
    IMG_1324.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1423.JPG
    IMG_1423.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1430.JPG
    IMG_1430.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 10

Hawnjigs

KISS
Exploring the outer limits of jig artistry - glitzy eye candy fer shur.

Does that crazy wobble work better than slow twitch ?

JUNGLEJIM1

I use them as a search lure and use a steady retrieve, the tail has more action than the rubber skirt versions. I haven't used the rattle version yet but tested them in the pool and they make a lot more noise then the ones without rattles. Really haven't bass fished much this year since the crappie have been biting all year but with it being hot and humid for the last week it's about time to test them out at night.

Back